Need a price on S&W m&p 15

Team Banana

I am not a gun guy and I got a guy trying to trade me a smith&wesson model M&P15 for a tool box.
The gun is couple months old and never been shot. I am asking $1000 for my tool box.
My question is can I make money and how much?
I have a bunch of locals wanting it and even offered to pick it up for me.
That has me thinking it might be worth some a little more than I want.
I have a guy offering $1200 as soon as I get it.
What should I do?
Thanks for any input
Ronnie

I built mine a rock river and it was like 700 without all the goodies. I think i have over a 1000 in it. Also check smith&wesson website to see what there msrp is.

ar 2.jpgar.jpg

We used to sell those for around 700 to 800 i believe thats a sport model. But after all this gun ban stuff and panic buying you prob would pay 1000 to 1200 for that. If he sells it he could prob get 1600 but thats crazy.

Thanks for input. Hopefully I can get te trade done tomorrow for the box. I have had this tool box for sale for a year and
this is the second offer.

If a flip is the intention.... BE SURE you have a lock on the buyer's $$.. AKA a deposit![Enough to make it VERY painful should he welch on the deal];)
Just look at how many times buyers have "stepped up" w/ "I'll take it", only to disappear when it's time to pony up.

If a flip is the intention.... BE SURE you have a lock on the buyer's $$.. AKA a deposit![Enough to make it VERY painful should he welch on the deal];)
Just look at how many times buyers have "stepped up" w/ "I'll take it", only to disappear when it's time to pony up.
Thanks Chuck, Crazy thing is how many guy's I have asked about the gun that said I'll take it.
Guns are easier to sell then tool boxs for sure.

Depending on where you live is what you could get for it. I put mine on craigslist and of course within 15 min it was flagged and removed but in that 15 min i had 3 calls and sold it to the first guy the same hour.

Looks like a regular M&P 15 with sights. The cheaper OR (Optics Ready) wou;dn't have sights. The base model usually doesn't have a bolt assist or dust cover - this does. Ask if the receiver is aluminum or composite. You want it to be aluminum. The composite are usually the 600-1000 guns. But I'd go for it. Probably an $1100 gun before the crazyness, Oh yeah, I work at Gander Mtn selling guns all day long.

I got 2000 for my sport. Just like selling a Buick. It's worth what someone's willing to pay.

Thanks guy's!! I owned it for one hour today and sold it for $1200. $200 more than I was asking for the tool box.
Had the tool box for sale for a year and the gun sold before I traded.

If it is a sport don't do it IMO unless you plan on selling it ASAP! That is like a $750 retail gun... If it is a regular M&P with sights it should retail for $1199....

If it is a sport don't do it IMO unless you plan on selling it ASAP! That is like a $750 retail gun... If it is a regular M&P with sights it should retail for $1199....
Thanks Shane, I sold it for $1200 yesterday. Had 7 people willing with cash before I had it.
Crazy thing is I would have took a less for the box that I traded for the gun. Best luck I have had in a long time.