Need help in Ewa Beach

Lex Santi

I bought my 87 GN last year and have an issue with it cutting off at low speed and stops. I've replaced a few items that I thought might be it but still same issue. I would really like to get some help from someone on island so I can enjoy my GN.

Hi Lex,

Welcome to the TB board!!!
So what exactly happens with your car? And what "items" have you replaced?

Guy

Take a look at or test your MAF, Do you have a scanmaster, or a powerlogger, if not see if someone has a OBD scan tool to scan for codes. I have a powerlogger installed in my GN, and when I had that problem, It let me know that it was time to replace the MAF

Take a look at or test your MAF, Do you have a scanmaster, or a powerlogger, if not see if someone has a OBD scan tool to scan for codes. I have a powerlogger installed in my GN, and when I had that problem, It let me know that it was time to replace the MAF

Hello,
I have a scanmaster and pretty new to owning a GN, so I'm not to sure on how to check using a scanmaster.

Hey Jones,

I did want to add that I have a Fast XFI setup

So "exactly" what happens with your car? And when? Cuts off only at low speed and dies? But runs fine at normal /hi speed? Bad idle? Cuts off at all speeds? Does it do that all the time or just sometimes? Only when hot or cold? Was it running fine when you got the car? Walk me through it. And the XFI did you try reinstalling a known "good" GCT file?

So "exactly" what happens with your car? And when? Cuts off only at low speed and dies? But runs fine at normal /hi speed? Bad idle? Cuts off at all speeds? Does it do that all the time or just sometimes? Only when hot or cold? Was it running fine when you got the car? Walk me through it. And the XFI did you try reinstalling a known "good" GCT file?

It has shut off on me at high and low speeds. It doesn't have a bad idle it just ends up cutting off. When I bought the car it ran good for about two weeks but I wasn't really driving it to much because it wasn't registered for a while so I really couldn't take it out much. At first the cut offs where less frequent than got more frequent. I haven't been able to run any codes through the XFI because I don't have a laptop currently plus I have never used it.

Sounds like a tuning issue, 1st step is to adjust the idle IAC so its about 20 hot idle in park. 2nd is to make sure the a/f is correct at idle via the a/f table and ve table.

Aww man, I just got back from doing a job at Ala Moana mall like a month ago, I would have loved to help a fellow Turbo Regal owner from the island. I was stationed at Schofield Barracks way back in the day. Just for shits and giggles, check the fusible links down by the starter, check your grounds, especially on the back of the passenger side head, make sure your power wire going to the XFI is good, wish I could be of more help, hope you get it running good and spank a little rice burner ass once in a while Friday and Saturday nights!!!!!

You will need a laptop nothing special, XP is fine