You can type here any text you want

Need help in Vancouver, WA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboK

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a '87 Turbo-T Limited a few weeks ago and need to change out the valve springs. The valve spring compressor tool I have wont work (AC box in the way) ~~ Does anyone local have a spring compressor tool I could use that works ?

Thanks,

Hi...

You can purchase a tool from Kirbans to replace the valve springs....I believe it sells for $60 or so.

Hope this helps.

Bill,

After looking at Kirbans tool, I think I can just make my own now.

Thanks alot,

TurboK,

I've done valve spring swaps in two different Buicks. Both times I borrowed the tools from Terry Ryan. Taking it slow and careful its about a 3 hour job at most.

Let me know what I can do to help out.

Dave,

I decided I am going to hold off on the valve springs for now. I got some other stuff I need to repair on my car first :(

Hey Kelly!

Good to see you got a Buick. Let me know if you need any help. I still have the same email address. I think Dan Powell had the spring tool. Gotta change 'em a lot when you run 33psi!!! :D

Make your car blow a headgasket and have the springs changed while the heads are being surfaced. ;)

Back