You can type here any text you want

Need Help with 86 GN Factory Sunroof wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

excobraguy

OK, been a while since owning a GN but I recently traded my 02 SS Camaro for a 1986 Grand National with the factory astroroof option, CF5 coded. I love this car!!!!!!

Here's the deal. The guy who restored the car had a frozen sunroof motor. So instead of fixing it or replacing it, he removed the motor and the switch and installed a headliner that doesn't have the area for the switch mount (see pic). Anyway...luckily the guy had the motor of which I have fixed and it is working beautifully. I obviously want to put the correct headliner back in and get it working properly.
My questions are these.....I need to know what wiring is needed for the sunroof. The motor has a green and black wire (see pic) this is all I have to go on. I need to know what switch/wiring is needed and what mount box/bracket is needed for the switch. Also if someone can recommend a good quality headliner replacement I would love to know that too.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Thx, Dean
gn15.jpg

Attachments

OK, so if no one has any parts does anyone have any pics of their astroroof switches? I know it only has one. Or maybe even some pics of it when they installed their new seals, just so I can see the wiring???? Just something please!

I used the headliner from Highway Stars - fit perfect unlike some others.
I recovered the panel with material from them too. It has foam backing so is a bit thicker but works ok.

Back