Need help with my headlights

Yates

I have an 83 regal that has been sitting in the garage since last year. Car runs great but I just realized that my headlights are not working. All other lights work except the headlights. I tested to see if there is power to them which there is not. My only idea where there may be a problem is my high beam switch is broken therefore the high beams don't engage when i pull the lever back, which is on my steering column. Does anyone have any ideas if that could be the reason my head lights don't work? All fuses are fine. I also tested the yellow wire that goes from my headlight switch to the high beam switch and that works. One other thing is I do have power coming out of my headlight switch. The only wire that I don't have power on is the small brown wire that feeds my headlight. I'm lost and I can't drive this car at night until I fix this. TYIA

#1A moment ago

The power to both high and low go through the switch. There is no relay in the system. I've had to replace mine twice.

The switch itself sits on the top left side of the steering column with 2 tiny bolts. It's not difficult to replace. The stalk for the high and low beams stays in place.