Need info on Body Bushing Bolt sizes etc...

SLZ

I am planning on swapping out my bushings soon and I want to buy new stainless bolts.

Anyone have any info on what optimum grade, head/thread size, lengths are these body bushing bolts? I read on other posts that there are different lengths used in different places. I need accurate info so I can purchase these ahead of doing the job.

Thanks in advance :)

Steve Z

Thanks for the reply :)

Ill be using stainless steel for no corrosion issues.

$49.95 for the bolt kit GBody sells (black oxide hex flange head and SS? for #3):eek:

$27.95 for the bolt kit Kirban sells (part #6974) (cad plated hex flange head):rolleyes:

OR

visit your local supply house and get what you need for under $20:biggrin:

There are choices out there. Just be aware that you have some and choose accordingly if you're getting the absent #3 & #4 lower bushings to install as well.

Anyone know what the bolt head size is (15mm?). I havent been under the car to check yet but I figure I would ask first.

Turbofish38: I am trying to understand the measurements that you gave. What is M10? Is 1.5 the diameter of the bolt and 60 and 85 the thread counts for the two types of bolts? Please let me know just in case the parts guys at the hardware store dont know what I am talking about. Any washers or nuts used (I dont believe so but it dosent hurt to ask).

Thanks again,

Steve Z

Yep socket size should be 15mm. When reading metric bolts M10-1.5X60 equates to:
M10=10mm shank(i.e. like a 3/8" bolt)
1.5=thread pitch(threads per mm)
60=total length(60mm in our example)

Please post a reply on how smoothly this goes... I really would like to replace all of mine... my buddy did all of the suspension bushings in his old stang and it made the car feel like a brand new car... I really want to do this, but lifting the body off the frame is a pretty intimidating idea to me... Also what bushings are you going with??

Yep socket size should be 15mm. When reading metric bolts M10-1.5X60 equates to:
M10=10mm shank(i.e. like a 3/8" bolt)
1.5=thread pitch(threads per mm)
60=total length(60mm in our example)

Actually, it's the inverse of the pitch. It's thread spacing, that is, 1.5 mm between threads. :) Otherwise, that's it.