Need some help with 6.0/4l80e swap

roballmighty

I bought an 85 Grand National roller. I bought it with the intent to install a 6.0 and 4l80e into it. I have ordered a custom harness and all other pieces for the swap. My ? is what else does the factory engine harness control on the vehicle?

where are you getting the harness from?

what year engine and trans?

cable throttle or electronic?

You get a PCM?

Bob

Custom harness from LS performance wiring, most likely will be DBC 00-04 engine/trans with factory pcm. To clarify my question, I need to know what else the factory 85 gn engine harness controls since my car doesnt have it and need to know if I shiuld find one or forget it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just did a swap 4.8/4l80e. And I just used one ignition wire to power up my modified 4.8 harness using relays......For water temp I just drilled out passenger side provision for temp sensor to accept my original sensor on the oil I removed 4.8 sensor hacked it drilled and tapped it to take my original sensor so my dash works.....for speedo I will be buying the cable X to run my stock speedo.......so all I used from the car was three wires the rest of it is a stand alone.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1980 cutlass supreme

My first LS swap I just can't believe how easy everything came together hoses/shifter linkage/trans lines/ pretty straight forward !