Needing some direction.

Dreamn4GN

Looking to get some opionions on what to do. Car is lagging and it's getting old. Mods are in my sig. stock motor and heads. I snagged a TA5469 new in the box unused for dirt cheap and I threw that on my car. Biggest mistake I think I made with this car. Thinking I can "grow" into the turbo. Should have left the stock Turbo in and just held onto the 54 for my forged/ ported iron build. Stock turbo is gone But this 135k motor is still hauling ass and running great. Just a dog from the dig with this 54 ,thinking of buying a used smaller turbo until I'm ready to go forged. PTC converter stalling the car to 3,000 @ 0 psi. Looking to get into the mid 11's with this car. Any opinions? any turbos I should look out for and snatch up? I mean can I do anything else without opening motor to help spool this this thing? TIA

RJC type manual boost controller, you can add timing in 1st/2ng gear. What converter do you have? I have a 9/11 from 2005 and a TE61 and foot braking to 2800 and 0 boost and I pull 1.6 60fts on 255/60/15 MT Street R dr. The same combo minus the manual controller and running Red's 93 chip I was cutting 1.6s on 10" slicks launching at 6#. Do you have a wideband O2? If it's too rich it can hurt spool. Look at the TT chip adjustments and you can play with fuel/timing and believe it has a spool up option when footbraking.

RJC type manual boost controller, you can add timing in 1st/2ng gear. What converter do you have? I have a 9/11 from 2005 and a TE61 and foot braking to 2800 and 0 boost and I pull 1.6 60fts on 255/60/15 MT Street R dr. The same combo minus the manual controller and running Red's 93 chip I was cutting 1.6s on 10" slicks launching at 6#. Do you have a wideband O2? If it's too rich it can hurt spool. Look at the TT chip adjustments and you can play with fuel/timing and believe it has a spool up option when footbraking.
10" PTC LU. probly not the best converter for my set up. No wideband ( that and logger are on the list ) I'll have to look into messing with the timining and chip adjustments since I have not done that. Not sure I want to jump into that myself. I did have a earl brown manual controller on but that didn't help. In fact it made it worse , so I took it off.

10" PTC LU. probly not the best converter for my set up. No wideband ( that and logger are on the list ) I'll have to look into messing with the timining and chip adjustments since I have not done that. Not sure I want to jump into that myself. I did have a earl brown manual controller on but that didn't help. In fact it made it worse , so I took it off.
Take the 54 off the car and buy a 49 in the for sale section for $500 bolt on mid 11sec power and I bet the car comes right alive and you will be looking for traction this of course after you turn up the boost.

I think the issue is in the tune. Was the MBC from Earl like the RJC? The 10" PTC should spool the 54.

Take the 54 off the car and buy a 49 in the for sale section for $500 bolt on mid 11sec power and I bet the car comes right alive and you will be looking for traction this of course after you turn up the boost.
Yeah I've been looking. Hopefully something pops up

I'm wondering if my actuator is going bad also, my boost just keeps creeping on the top end. I don't like it.

How is your wastegate hooked up? If you don'y have the factory Y in place or if it's turned wrong spool will suck. The y is orficed to restrict pressure to actuator for faster spool.

How is your wastegate hooked up? If you don'y have the factory Y in place or if it's turned wrong spool will suck. The y is orficed to restrict pressure to actuator for faster spool.
Factory y is back in place. Had controller in between turbo and waste gate. This actuator was on the car when I bought it. So no telling how old it
Is.

I believe there is something else going on. If he is foot braking 3k and spool is that slow TA49 isn't the fix. Did you keep same chip you had for the stock turbo?

I believe there is something else going on. If he is foot braking 3k and spool is that slow TA49 isn't the fix. Did you keep same chip you had for the stock turbo?
It's got 60lb injectors and TT chip burned for alky and 23#. I'm gonna check that y fitting tommorow.

The orfice should face turbo and the y leg to the wastegate solenoid. What boost level does alky come on?