New 3 Bar Map showing boost on factory boost guage at idle

87GNALKY

So one would think that going from 2 Bar MAP to 3 Bar Map would cause the factory gauge to show less than actual boost. Not the case with this one..
I T'd the vac/boost line to an external gauge and left the factory gauge as is. Now the factory gauge shows boost just above idle and max boost when the aftermarket analog gauge shows about 10-12 pounds. Any info on why this occurs? Both gauges pick up the vac/boost tube right off of the map side of the throttle body metal tube, pretty much where everyone taps the T in.

because the factory boost gauge sucks
But this defies logic.. The factory gauge on a 3 bar should be somewhere around half of actual boost... If I hook the 2 bar back up it goes right back to it's normal inaccurate self but no boost at 1500 RPMs.. I think I may run the 3 Bar for the new gauge and Powerlogger and the old 2 bar just so my factory gauge still works.

with the alkycontrol map harness you dont need to disconnect the 2 bar map to have a 3 bar , you just need to supply a vac/boost line to the 3bar

and since the factory analog boost gauge is supplying the 5v for the factory map sensor and that 5v is usually not what it should be... the 3 bar should not be run from the oe map plug on fender but rather source its 5v from the tps citcuit as the alkycontrol map harness does

It's because the voltages at any given pressure/vacuum don't match between the 2 bar and the 3 bar.

For example 5#s of boost will have a different output between the two sensors. The 3bar isn't just a sensor that 'goes farther'.