You can type here any text you want

New enclosed trailer!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Went down to the Interstate trailer dealer and looked at a couple of enclosed car hauler trailers. They had a Super Coach 24' enclosed with all the bells and whistles for $10k. Aluminum diamond rock guard on the front and along the sides, mag wheels, exterior flood lighting, oversized 48" side man door, white vinyl finished interior walls, and ceiling, aluminum diamond kick panels on the interior floor, d-rings, interior lighting, etc. etc. 10,000 GVW dual axel. I thought, man, wouldn't that be nice....but....

I told the guy I didn't have that kind of coin and he said he would let it go down the road for $8000, plus he added in a diamond plate tongue box on the front. He said the stripped down unfinished model without all the extras would still run $7000. I couldn't pass that deal up even though it was more than I had anticipated spending. I put a deposit on it and pick it up in the morning. They have to install an Easy-lift on her and get a few things ready, and we were butting up against closing time.

This will be a really nice setup. :D

Here's a picture of it. The pic makes it look shorter than it actually is...I'll have around 6' of room up front for toolbox, compressor, generator, etc.

newtrailer.jpg

Would be nice to have an electric lift on the front. Looks great. I really want one, too many other things to buy this year maybe next year.

You should get load leveler bars put on, too, unless you are going to tow it with a 3500 truck.

Easy lift bars are being installed tomorrow morning. Good suggestion. :)

Easy lift bars are being installed tomorrow morning. Good suggestion. :)

It looks like a good trailer. You'll definitely need wide mirrors. My cummins ram was ordered without the trailer tow mirrors and I can barely see down the side of my trailer, and mine is pretty narrow (you can stand on the fenders and have to climb into the window of the car to back it out)

It looks like a good trailer. You'll definitely need wide mirrors. My cummins ram was ordered without the trailer tow mirrors and I can barely see down the side of my trailer, and mine is pretty narrow (you can stand on the fenders and have to climb into the window of the car to back it out)

Another good suggestion. I've had the wide mirrors on my 2001 2500HD 8.1 liter since I bought it used in '05. I'll have to pull the mile marker atv winch off my flatbed trailer and move it to the enclosed since I don't have a drivers side escape door on the trailer. No big deal. Winch it on, winch it off.

Brett, BG is on the wrong coast. When they decide to have one over on this side I would go...We have turbo thunder at Bremerton every year. (ps-ur still a liberal.)

Another good suggestion. I've had the wide mirrors on my 2001 2500HD 8.1 liter since I bought it used in '05. I'll have to pull the mile marker atv winch off my flatbed trailer and move it to the enclosed since I don't have a drivers side escape door on the trailer. No big deal. Winch it on, winch it off.

Brett, BG is on the wrong coast. When they decide to have one over on this side I would go...We have turbo thunder at Bremerton every year. (ps-ur still a liberal.)

Cmon, make the trip. Long way tho for sure. Don't know how Cramer or others out there do it. A conservative liberal that is....:)

Cmon, make the trip. Long way tho for sure. Don't know how Cramer or others out there do it. A conservative liberal that is....:)

U do realize a 8.1 liter gets about 6 mpg towing, right? I would need a loan just to pay off that gas bill!! :biggrin:

Winch mounted to plate with built in hawse-fairlead

newtrailer1-1.jpg

Battery installed in box, within the aluminum tongue box. Charges auxilary battery off of truck charging system.

newtrailer2-1.jpg

FYI...that IS a 70 Chevelle under the tarp. :) Just not mine. :mad:

newtrailer3-1.jpg

Back