New engine won't fire?? Bad FAST?

TheYak

Hey guys! Got the new stroker motor back in my friend's GN and now it won't even fire :frown:

It will turn over but there there's not spark?? Replaced the coilpack/module and still nothing.

Another consideration is that the laptop will not communicate with the FAST system. It reads ECM not found. What gives?? Seems like the FAST ecm took a dump. Has anyone had a similiar problem?

The car has been sitting in the garage for about 2 years under construction (ie. waiting on parts/$$$) Ran fine before that with the old setup. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated!
:)

Make sure the crank sensor is in the correct slot. Also. check the CCCI and ignition fuses. If you don't have spark it's almost always NOT the ecu.

+1 for the fuse running to the FAST box. Main power line to FAST fuse or whatever its called. I had the same problem. Fuse was blown, i changed it and it fired right up.

fuse

Sure enough, the crank trigger was in the wrong slot! Good call Cal!

As for the FAST ecm... where is the fuse?? Please understand that i'm trying to help my friend over the phone haha :biggrin:

The part no. of his is 30-122010 bought back in 2005.

Thanks again for your help guys!