You can type here any text you want

New GN Owner in Northwest, Kent WA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNWRXRon

Hello All, I am a new owner of a 1986 GN. I also own a 2002 WRX, a 1968 Dodge Charger RT440 and a 2001 PT Cruiser. The WRX and PT are daily drivers.

I bought my GN on impulse and really have no idea what I bought. What I know at this point is:

1.Oh my God, I thought the WRX was quick!!!
2. It must have been raced because it has things like a front brake
lock up switch, U-joint safety cage, Garret turbocharger with Duttweller large neck Charge Air Cooler, HOT WIRE from alternator to fuel pump, three bolt Cutout from exhaust downpipe.
3. It also has the GNX dash panel with VDO gauges.

I have never driven one of these cars before this one so I have no idea, first off, if it is stock or not or how it performs in relation to a stock version.

I noticed on the site that almost everyone who owns a GN races a GN. I am basing this on how many people show their best pass results. I can see where this could be a lot of fun but the last time I raced, the strip in Tennessee did not even have a Christmas Tree. A good-looking young lady flagged us off. This was a few years ago as you might imagine.

I am planning to go to Woodburn for Turbo Thunder VI. I may enter my car in the car show but not race it, at least not this time.

I do not have documentation on my car so I hope some of you will know the car. A Bill Walker owned it last but just for a short time. John Liberty from somewhere in Alaska brought it down and consigned it to Kompact Kar Korner where I bought it in April of this year.

I am looking forward to learning more about my Grand National.

also new

welcome Ron(?).. I'm also new to the turbo scene as I just got a 1986 T-Type in April. I bought it from another board member. here's a pic I took yesterday

I was wondering is there a regular spot the NW people cruise? I've seen Burgermaster mentioned before.. and I plan on going to the Turbo Thunder as well. is there going to be a caravan going there?

Attachments

• 86ttype1.jpg
    86ttype1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 129
Welcome to the DarkSide!!

The quickest way to learn what aftermarket goodies your Turbo Buick has is to bring 'em out to Burgermaster in Bothell/Mill Creek on Saturday nights around 8:30pm. http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?a...2.2093&zoomin=yes&BFKey=&resize=l&trf=0&mag=4
We'll have a few enthusiasts there who are always up for checking out each other's cars. This will also give you a chance to look at other Turbo Buicks to see what's stock and what's aftermarket.

Definitely try to make it to TurboThunder. You will have a great time and there's a ton of nice guys willing to share their experience.

Thanks

Thanks for the Welcome Dan and Randy G.

Randy, that is a nice car. Mine is a hardtop and I love it but I remember cruising with the T-tops off in my 1972 Vette in my younger days. I have never seen another GN at the cruise places in the Kent, Renton area. In fact, the cruise in in Covington only allows 1974 or earlier cars in their ropped off area.

Dan, thanks for the info on your cruise in. It sounds like there will be no shortage of turbo Buicks there. I will be there next weekend.

GNWRXRon said:
Thanks for the Welcome Dan and Randy G.

Randy, that is a nice car. Mine is a hardtop and I love it but I remember cruising with the T-tops off in my 1972 Vette in my younger days. I have never seen another GN at the cruise places in the Kent, Renton area. In fact, the cruise in in Covington only allows 1974 or earlier cars in their ropped off area.

Dan, thanks for the info on your cruise in. It sounds like there will be no shortage of turbo Buicks there. I will be there next weekend.
Welcome guys, I live in Renton and own a GN and a T-type. Vandall, That looks like Gund's old car. Nice!

JP, it is! :) i had to clean some dust off but he took very good care of it.. i want to meet and greet some other boost junkies! are you going to TT?

Somthing not to miss

I have never seeen so many GN Buicks in one place at one time. I would not miss it for anything.. :) Lots of gear heads and The mom and pops track is great. The track is taken care of too. :D

Chris

Wow!

Welcome, Ron! I mostly lurk these days...not enough time or money to throw at the Buick, and too much to fix! An armchair TR driver, if you will. I've had my car 6 years this month and I still get a huge grin whenever I drive it. I'm jealous of your stable of cars! (My dad has a '72 Stingray, too)

Super bunch in the NW. Turbo Thunder will be a blast, even though I'll just be spectating...again. :)

WOW again

VandaLL said:
welcome Ron(?).. I'm also new to the turbo scene as I just got a 1986 T-Type in April. I bought it from another board member. here's a pic I took yesterday

Randy, super looking car! Are those rear wheels widened?

wheels

Toady, not to my knowledge.. . i think they are just about the widest you can fit. hell, the inside on the d/s rubbed against the frame rail at one point! :eek: thanks for the compliment!

VandaLL said:
JP, it is! :) i had to clean some dust off but he took very good care of it.. i want to meet and greet some other boost junkies! are you going to TT?
Yeah, I'll be there. I hope I can figure my car out by then! Your rear tires are rubbing because of the size tire!

Back