New member/new car from IL

Darkstar72

Hey everyone...just picked up less than three days ago a 1987 Turbo T with 80K on the clock. Since I don't have plates or insurance yet I've yet to take it out for a good drive, but I love seeing it just parked there in the garage. This is my first turbo 6 and really looking forward to getting to know more about these cars. I plan to drive the car as much as weather and time permits because why the hell not.

Not new to performance cars, but I spent that last 13 years with the typical pre-72 muscle car with SBCs. All that time with no A/C and no radio. Enough was enough.

Ill be trolling around here a lot and absorbing all that I can.

if its the white T you got a great car. If it were closer to me I def would have grabbed it
Best of luck brother

It was the white T! It was definitely a cleaner ride and better fit for me than my Novas were. The Nova did have more comfortable seats though but I’ll overlook that for the tunes and cold a/c. No more sweating my balls off all summer hitting cruise nights or shows.

You must have bought Jimmy the Greek’s car

It’s a beauty!

Welcome aboard!

That's the one BEAT! It really is a great looking car. The white took a bit to grow on me, but the car is exactly what I was looking for when I started my turbo six search a few months ago. Just got the insurance squared away yesterday and now just need to get the plates. G2G

EC4DC1B0-085C-4CE0-9B1A-E573C3888D61.jpeg

It’s the best I have for now. There have been no good days to get quality pictures. Once I get the car registered this weekend I hope to get it out to take some better photos.

Thanks everyone. Just got the title/registration transferred this morning and car is now insured. Absolutely thrilled to have this beauty in my garage and may even get it out to a really close event next weekend (Chrome and Coffee). I just can’t wait to show it off!

Welcome to the site and congrats on a great looking hot rod. Lots of good info and great people here. Any mods done to it?
How's it running? If the thing isn't spinning the tires at any speed or doesn't have you scared to death to go anywhere near the gas pedal, we can fix that here. :D

There is a strong Turbo Buick following in your area. Very good and passionate people. Check in with the "Mid West section" for events and gatherings.
https://www.turbobuick.com/forums/mid-west-area.40/

Let us know if you have any questions and happy spooling. :)

Mike Barnard

That is a real clean car. I wish I would have had the space and the funds. Enjoy that beautiful car. We hope to see you at some shows around Chicago this year.

Thanks Chopped! I try to get out to as many shows as I can time permitting. Now that I have a car that can cruise longer distances more comfortably I'm really looking forward to getting to shows I normally wouldn't have gone to due to distance. Plus with the addition of the radio the drive is that much better (13 years in two Novas with NO RADIO...no bueno).

Welcome aboard Sir. Nice looking MC! :eek:

Just getting you ready for the car shows. lol

This past weekend I drove over to my friends shop to give the car a good once over on the lift making a Winter To Do List - my friend's son walked outside and said, "Dad...there's a real nice Monte Carlo out here!" Only took a month to hear that. Now he is only like 11 so I'll let it slide.