New mods and Track time.

RED LS1

Dec 31, 2001
Philly Pa
2 years ago I added a TT chip, 60lb injectors, cat delete pipe and a K&N to a stock GN and turned the boost up to 18psi. The car ran 13.80 with a light launch around 3psi on street GF Goodrich tires.

Over the last 2 years I added the following:
-Razor Alky kit with Vp M1.
-Bison 6262 turbo at 26 psi.
-TA Down Pipe and Pypes Race Pro cat back.
-Precision SLIC
-M/T 255/60/15 Drag Radial S/S tires.

Last Sunday, I took a nice drive to the track with 1 goal in mind. Make only 1 pass, with a light launch, and bring home an 11.99 time slip. The car has bone stock trans and stock torque converter and I did not want to get stock at the track in the cold with a broken car by myself. The left lane red lit and caused me to lose whatever boost I was holding at the line so I left with a powerless 6cyl. Oh well. Mission accomplished.

Reactions: Darkstar72

ttypewhite

Oct 1, 2001
Toronto
Congrats!!! The number on the other side of your timeslip in my opinion is a very realistic number for your car. There is a lot left on the table. Might even squeak out a high 10 sec pass with a good converter and transmission upgrade. Congrats again.

RED LS1

Dec 31, 2001
Philly Pa
Congrats!!! The number on the other side of your timeslip in my opinion is a very realistic number for your car. There is a lot left on the table. Might even squeak out a high 10 sec pass with a good converter and transmission upgrade. Congrats again.

Thanks. I actually got a converter for it now ready to go in. I just have to make it happen. I was not able to leave the line with more than 4 psi with the Ebrake. I actually went back again and got a 11.80. I made another post in the tech about seeing KR while at the track so there's some tuning that has to happen as well.

ttypewhite

Oct 1, 2001
Toronto
If the tranny has to come down to do the converter, go inside it and upgrade the clutches and put a 10 Vane pump in it while your at it. It's a golden opportunity to really extract the most out of the converter change and be allowed to put more power to the back tires. Forecast down the road for the best results and better longevity. Your on the right path. Good luck with it.