How does the Turbonetics exhaust housing fit into the equation?

I’ve used all of these housings and it depends on the turbine that’s in them. Smaller a/r housings don’t guarantee high or higher drive pressure. Depends on the airflow requirements of the engine. The turbine has more to do with flow than the housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would replacing a pte .63 exhaust housing in a 67mm turbo to a Turbonetics .63 be worth the time and effort to have it machined to improve spool time?
I see it is common to make the pte to Garret switch.
I am moving to a 67mm turbo and am already expecting a lazier spool with my PATS 3200 lock up.
I realize my TC is thought to be good for only a row boat anchor but I also have this Turbonetics .63 sitting on my workbench.

There’s probably et in it but it really needs the converter to be right or it won’t matter

I have seen a T-netics .63 on a friends car do 10 flat at 135, cpt66 ptrim same as a 45a but with a probably worse design comp wheel then the 45. and believe me it was all in at 32+psi, so i believe the bigger t-netics .63 has a bit more up top pull/less bp then the garrett .63 in the 133+ range but im sure some special guys have been faster. The pte is just so much bigger then the two it shouldn't even be called a .63, but with the right converter the playing field evens out a bit...

There’s probably et

Thank you , think his mph will drop at least 2mph as “the trade off “ all parts being equal his combo?
going from close .75 to .63?

Thank you , think his mph will drop at least 2mph as “the trade off “ all parts being equal his combo?

I doubt it unless the car is trapping close to 140mph

I don’t know how many different people have to tell you that a (True) .63 housing is good for 9’s and 135+ mph. It’s been proven over and over. Bigger isn’t always better.

I don’t know how many different people have to tell you that a (True) .63 housing is good for 9’s and 135+ mph. It’s been proven over and over. Bigger isn’t always better.

Same...you don’t understand : it’s SAFER to run a bigger housing , lower egts , Easier to control boost ! , smaller bypass whole , less back pressure...etc

Most of all Its 750-800hp turbo with a housing that is south of that. lmao

Same...you don’t understand : it’s SAFER to run a bigger housing , lower egts , Easier to control boost ! , smaller bypass whole , less back pressure...etc
The OP wanted to know what was best for him and it is the smaller housing. It will spool faster and produce a lower et. This is a rare instance of something that is better for both the street and track. If he had a bored and stroked 4.1,the Precision would be the better choice for both the street and track.
The easiest way to control boost is to run more boost.

The OP wanted to know what was best for him and it is the smaller housing. It will spool faster and produce a lower et. This is a rare instance of something that is better for both the street and track.

Op Total bandaid to increase spool up.
Op sell the turbo if you need to jam it in a tiny Honda housing to increase spool it’s not the right turbo for you.

Use BB technology... Run a PTE 6266 BB pte housing ... it will spool way faster and have the ability to make more power.

Is it running rich down low? Do you have the ability to adjust the fueling?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk