New moog springs= crooked GN

gnfanatic

hey guys, installed Moog 5606 in the front and K160044 in the rear . Torqued control arms to 70ft lbs with weight on them, springs are installed properly (triple checked) white mark is top top and bottom seated properly and lower control arm hole is visible. The pass front is 3/4 of an inch higher then driver side front. Rear is leveled. These springs have 20 miles on them, does it take more miles to settle???

could be a toasted passenger side #2 body mount at the cowl, its common for rust through at area on the frame.
measure height from frame

I piut about 50 miles on it and is now about 1/4in off. Springs are slowly settling, thanks for your help!

No. I jacked arms up to height and torqued to 75 ft lbs. I have had these del aluminum bushings in the lowers from global west forever. Something is def binding, i feel it

OK, I looked up the global west arms.

I was thinking of the stock ones with the serrations on the bushings.

Actually they are calling them Del-a-lum, but the real del-a-lums had an aluminum bushing and a nyliner bearing in between.

Anyway, good luck, should be something simple.

Last edited:
I never had an issue with these bushings. Car was always leveled. It is very possible the torque is to high for them . Tomorrow i will loosen the lower the control arm bolts and see what happens

Very possible. 70 is probably flexing the mounts pretty good.

Maybe the grease is gone and its too much friction?