You can type here any text you want

New Motor Pics.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
New motor got 350 miles on her.Keeping fingers crossed only got 483 miles on the last one before the bottom end wiped out.:mad:
Pics were taken with my phone sry.

Info is in my sig.

Thanks Don it hauls ASS.:biggrin::biggrin:

IMG00037-20110116-1835.jpg

IMG00047-20110117-1244.jpg

IMG00054-20110119-2139.jpg

IMG00061-20110124-2036.jpg

IMG00066-20110125-2251.jpg

IMG00067-20110125-2252.jpg

IMG00069-20110125-2253.jpg

Thanks Still need to detail the engine compartment and reroute the wires to clean it up a bit more. I just wanted to get it running and driving.

Shaun

I took it to a guy that talked like he has built lots of these motors and come to find after he had it he had a bad rep. for doing shoty work. I had problems with it from start up.low oil pressure and smoking very bad. I call from day one and complained about it.It used 1qrt of oil in 70 miles.Long story short $5500 and I got to drive 483 miles and he would not warrenty anything.He said it was my fault and I would have to pay him to go back threw it and fix it.He said my 60lb injectors where way to big for my motor and it washed the cylinders down and thats what took out the bottom end. He is so good that he diagnosed the problem over the phone and it was all my fault not his.

He also did a local custom hotrod shop 4.6 mustang motor at the same time he was doing mine with the same out come. Amazing the same thing as mine. He told them the same thing as he told me.All over the phone.He never looked at ether motor.He wanted us to pay him to found out what went wrong with his build.

Shaun

Good luck on the new motor, looks good. You should post who the guy that ripped you off so no one else gets taken by him. Funny how he said the injectors were too big.:rolleyes:

could 60 lb injectors really wash down cylinders??? wouldn't the BL have to be super high like 144 to get any wash down?? I ran 60s and now I am going to run 80s but so far my BL is 128 so I should not have to worry about wash down hey.....

what a load

sorry to get off topic, Love the all black

I really like black turbo heat sheilds too, I have been thinking of doing that but am unsure how to paint it with out having the heat make the paint peel off or look bad.

Great looking setup!!!!! But with that big 4" turbo inlet pipe, that maf looks totally out of place and tiny(restriction?)!! You need to start thinking about switching to speed density (to get rid of the maf) either with a translator pro, or fast or, etc. :biggrin:

Great looking setup!!!!! But with that big 4" turbo inlet pipe, that maf looks totally out of place and tiny(restriction?)!! You need to start thinking about switching to speed density (to get rid of the maf) either with a translator pro, or fast or, etc. :biggrin:

How street able it doing that this is pretty much a Daily Driver.What are we talking price was as well?

Shaun

Streetable as your tune! ;) Mine works great on the street. Price is about 1500.oo-1800.00 for the XFI set up and the tuning.

How street able it doing that this is pretty much a Daily Driver.What are we talking price was as well?

Shaun

My 86 is a dd, and no longer raced at all. I run speed density with the Translator Pro, and it's never run better!! The car is far more responsiver than it ever was back when I ran a MAF.

My 86 is a dd, and no longer raced at all. I run speed density with the Translator Pro, and it's never run better!! The car is far more responsiver than it ever was back when I ran a MAF.

What all do you need for the translator pro to work? How do you tune it and cost to go that rout?

Shaun

Well, you need a Translator Pro, Extender pro chip, 3 bar map sensor and while not absolutely necessary, a Wideband O2.

TranslatorPro

A laptop always comes in handy, but not an absolute. A scanmaster helps, especially if you have a powerlogger/scanmaster combo.

Back