New owner

Reapersgbodys

Hello all,
After waiting for seemed like forever, recently acquired my first Turbo T, I have an affinity with all G body cars, an 83 Regal was my very first car back in the day. I waited and looked, and looked, and to my dismay, actually found one that's nice not far from me in Michigan of all places!!!!!!!!
19,409 original miles, not beat on, and in super condition.
It's actually nicer than some of the TR's I have flown to look at.
All I can say is, this beginning to be a fun journey, inexpensive???? Not, old cars are not one for the faint of heart.
Hopefully can finish all the upgrades today and get some seat time in it tomorrow.
I would not be as far as I am, without this forum, it has been VERY VERY informative, look forward to reading more & more, and hopefully meet some of the fellow TR owners in the Mid-Michigan area.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.JPG
    IMG_1816.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
Hello. Welcome to the wonderful world of T! I have the same as you as far as year and color. Yours is in better shape than mine. Mine has 79+K on the odometer and I think the other owner put them on 1/4 mi. at a time. But, after having it for almost four years, it's getting sorted out and runs pretty nice. Now it needs some weather strips replaced and some fluids changed and it will be ready for the next project-paint . Oh, welcome to the forum. It looks like you've already found it informative.

Thank you Frederickdav, I could not have asked for a better find IMO, just found some original paperwork stuffed behind the glove box from the dealership, turns out that I am the third owner, and car has only had 911 miles put on it since 2006. Previous owner that had it, it was his garage queen, car hasn't seen pavement in 5 years, but I am going to change all that, as I like to drive my cars not look at them. I am trying to get the upgrades finished so I can get some seat time in it, it's a slow process since I am working on my Grand Prix at the same time, I'm in no hurry as I want to do things right and not rush thru it just to drive it.
I have found the forum very informative, if I have a question, I use the search and can usually find the answer to it.

Looks like you have a plan. Oh, I was going to ask you what part of Michigan are you from? I'm just outside of Grand Rapids.

That's awesome that you found one with such low mileage.......really lucky......the car's beautiful! You sure make out great with this one.

This forum will help you with any problem you come up with (me excepted, I'm just an annoyance here)

There's no better place in the world than Turbobuick.com will so many guys here that can help you with just about anything on your Buick. Just make sure you still have a good job, a good savings account, and not to get upset when people start calling your Buick a Monte Carlo or a Yugo.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Frederick, I am from directly east of you, Port Huron area,
Bruce, Lmao, no I won't get upset with anyone calling my car a Monte Carlo, as I get that CONSTANTLY when I take the Grand Prix out, lol, and I do agree about the forum, I have looked and searched the others out there, but still find myself coming back to this one, as the community of TR owners here are a great bunch of people, and the wealth of info has been of great use to a new owner such as myself, it might take 1 or 2 searches, but usually find the answer or info I am looking for. And yes, I have a great job, 17 yrs and counting with the same company that I have helped build, saved for quite a while, looked at many many TR's, flew to many different locations looking before I found the one I liked, and finally pulled the trigger. And as the Monte Carlo??? I think this one looks good too!!!! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
Thank you Mike,
That was pretty much the very first thing that I read, unfortunately, after a LONG list of things that were installed over the last couple of weeks, my 30 year old fillers decided to not make the shakedown cruise, front drivers side broke, and rear developed a crack, so while I am at work today, will be ordering a set of YOUR'S thru Kirbans, yes they can be had elsewhere for less, but in my mind, your's are the top of the line, and since I am going to have this care for quite a while, I will only be putting on the best. Also, thank you for the compliment on my cars, and the welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Kirban's a a great source for parts for our cars. He does lots for the Turbo Buick community.
So, how's that hot rod running? What mods?

Mike B.

Previous owner was not much help in determining what was all done to the car, but from what I see, complete exhaust from turbo to tailpipe, cat convertor deleted, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and gauge, adjustable wastegate, downpipe wrapped, had a chip that no one could give me any info on.
over the last couple weeks I have added:
TT 5.7 chip
rear seat braces
shock tower brace
complete front brace kit
Tin man CAI kit
LT1 MAF
MAF translator
oil pressure gauge
water temp gauge
boost gauge
knock sensor
scanmaster G
low fuel kit
Caspers volt booster
still waiting to install dual intrepid fan setup
160 degree thermostat
upper and lower radiator hoses
bypass S hose
heater S hose
denso O2 sensor
new IAT sensor

Good start, and welcome to the forum. You will probably want to get a fuel pump hotwire kit if not already on the car, start with the basics and keep it simple for now, and the search feature (although not perfect) will be your best friend for awhile. and ask questions, a lot of knowledgeable people here that are glad to assist.

Nice find... love the dark blue color. Nice GP too, you don't see many of those anymore.

Thank you fast86, funny thing is I bought both cars exactly 1 year apart!!!! Lol
And yes, the GP is something of a rarity, but I love G body cars, saw the GP for sale and couldn't resist, especially what I stole it for!!!!!! There is nothing else in the world that rides like them, IMO