New TTA Fuel Sender Bulkhead Wiring Kit

Racetronix

This harness replaces the factory fuel sender wiring on all 1989 TTAs as well as all 1985-1992 f-body cars. Many are starting to have trouble due to their age. If your sender is in good condition except for the wiring this is the perfect fix. This harness has upgraded wiring both inside and outside the tank so it is perfect for improving pump performance. For TR models see our BCWA-G77 and BCWA-G7U.

Please check out our featured, clearance and new item sections in our web store.

TB sender harness

I noticed that you changed the pump power wire color to red. That change is good. I shorted my sender, trying to test my pump, because of the confusing factory color codes.

I see that you upgraded the pump power wire to 14 gauge. I see that as a step in the right direction. A lot of people have a hot wire harness to the tank, which has 12 ga. wire. Couldn't you upgrade the pump power wire to 12 ga?

I see that the harness is available preterminated with a connector to direct fit the Walbro pump. Another great idea.

BTW, these are great items that you have made available. It is better and cheaper than having to replace the sender if the wires are broken or toasty.

I noticed that you changed the pump power wire color to red. That change is good. I shorted my sender, trying to test my pump, because of the confusing factory color codes.

I see that you upgraded the pump power wire to 14 gauge. I see that as a step in the right direction. A lot of people have a hot wire harness to the tank, which has 12 ga. wire. Couldn't you upgrade the pump power wire to 12 ga?

I see that the harness is available preterminated with a connector to direct fit the Walbro pump. Another great idea.

BTW, these are great items that you have made available. It is better and cheaper than having to replace the sender if the wires are broken or toasty.

We have found that fourteen-gauge wire is the maximum reliable wire size used with these Delphi Metri-Pack connectors. The resistance of this harness is very low. Please see our tests listed in our ad. Trying to use 12-gauge or larger wire is not required when we are supplying Walbro or Denso pumps which draw an average of 8-15 amps. Many people do not understand resistance / ohms law so when they see a small length of 14-gauge wire in series with a larger 12-gauge wire they think it is the proverbial cork in the bottle. When we see people trying to JB Weld a 10-gauge wire through their sender it is obvious they don't understand this concept. Resistance is cumulative and a function of resistance per unit length of wire. In other words placing a 14-gauge wire in series with a 12-gauge wire does not mean that there is an electrical blockage at the point of transition between the two gauges of wire. You can have a length of 12-gauge wire that has more resistance than a 14-gauge wire although it would have to be longer.

The typical resistance of 14-gauge wire is approximately 0.002525 ohms per foot at 68F. Twelve–gauge wire has a resistance of approximately 0.001588 ohms per foot at 68F. For simplicity sake, we are not factoring in the resistance the terminals, fuses, relay contacts in the hotwire harness since people seem to be obsessed with wire gauge. If your 12-gauge hotwire harness is eighteen feet long, its total wire resistance is 0.028584 ohms. The Racetronix bulkhead harness has a total combined resistance of 0.026 ohms. In other words, your hotwire harness is dropping more voltage than our complete bulkhead harness without even factoring in all the other connections and devices. Racetronix hotwire harness uses mostly 10-gauge wire, which has a resistance of approximately 0.0009989 ohms per foot.