You can type here any text you want

Newby here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dub Nizzle

Just had the opportunity to purchase the #2 car on my list...an '87 Buick Grand National. I graduated H.S. in '87 and fell in love with the car from the moment I first laid eyes on it. It's a "two owner" (story that goes there), with 51.5K miles.

First on the list is to take drain the radiator, tranny, and rear end since all of that is factory original. Anything I should look out for in doing this? Recommendations on replacement fluids/gear oil?

From there, the biggest cosmetic issue (other than the paint) for me to tackle is getting the factory wheels re-done. They've got some minor "cancer", so if anyone knows of a very reputable place that performs this refurbish and re-chroming work, please feel free to enlighten me.

Look forward to learning alot, as I'm a do-it-yourself type of guy.

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :) I would not (and did not) re-chrome my wheels when they got
the 'chrome cancer'. Unless the car is a show car or garage queen if you get the wheels re-chromed and drive the car - the cancer will come back.

Welcome, sounds like you bought a sweet car!

Back