You can type here any text you want

nice 86 GN - $8000

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whooshmobile

1986 Grand National

I'm the second owner and have had the car for about 7 years mostly used as a daily driver until the last year. It was painted 1 year ago and looks very nice. It has a power roof, pw, pl, tilt, etc.

rebuilt engine with ~40k miles
ESP CNC ported heads with 1.77/1.50 Ferrera valves
Speedpro 204/214 cam
GT6152 turbo with a Precision .63 exhaust housing
Eastern FM intercooler
Bluetop 36# injectors with several chips. (new 65# injectors and chip available)
Alky Control (Razor's) alcohol injection
TH stainless steel 3" downpipe with a testpipe & dump
Hooker catback
AC delete pulley
Fiberglass bumpers
rebuilt transmssion has ~20k miles by Detroit Transmissions using all PTS parts. It shifts very firm.
PTS 9x11 2800 stall converter
VDO Boost & Caspers knock guages in a dual pillar pod.
Turbolink software & cable
nearly new Nitto drag radials

As you can imagine the paint looks very nice. It isn't show quality, but very respectable for a driver. The body was stripped to bare metal and worked from there using Dupont products. The emblems are all very nice and it has brand new door & window weatherstripping.

The interior looks decent, but could use a few things. The rear seat upholstery is brand new from JAX, but the driver's front could stand to be redone. The carpet is in great shape. Depending on how nice you want it to look, it could use a new headliner.

It has only seen the track a couple of times. In its last outing several years ago at Bandimere (5800' elevation) it was running 12.50's on pump gas. This was with a TE44 turbo and before the heads, cam, FM intercooler, and alky. It should be running well into the 11's now.

I have too many other things going on and the Buick doesn't get much attention. My wife drives it much more than I do I anymore. :eek: I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. It has a clean title ready to be signed over the new owner.

$8000

crsutton

crsutton

Chris,

This is Mike in Greeley. I sent you a pm. I'm looking for another GN and would be very interested in talking to you about your car.

Thanks.

Back