Nitrous Oxide Systems kit for Turbo V6

Turbo RX-6

Rotary Motors Suck
Found going through my dads old Buick parts. Flash back to the late 80's!!! This was run on his brand new GN. Notice the spot for a NOS emblem grooved out on top. It was lost at some point over the years. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 635
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.2 KB · Views: 637
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 644
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 597
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 577
I have seen a handful of NOS plate systems or single nozzle systems, but never a full blown fogger kit like that. Wonder what HP it was set up for. Interesting piece.

Interesting piece but I wonder how it would fit under the hood and why they chose to leave the EGR tower intact ?

Interesting set up. I wonder if this was being used to get off the line and or decrease lag.

Found going through my dads old Buick parts. Flash back to the late 80's!!! This was run on his brand new GN. Notice the spot for a NOS emblem grooved out on top. It was lost at some point over the years. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

AKA: Six pack system ^^^^^^

I have the single nozzle NOS system that was plumbed into the IC up-pipe somewhere in my shop.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aolcom

Interesting set up. I wonder if this was being used to get off the line and or decrease lag.

He remembers starting to spray about 1/4 track. I guess this came from NOS or someone who worked at NOS and was a prototype, or only a couple were made??? It could be the only one of its kind.

Any interest in selling?

I was thinking about it but don't believe I would get anything worth it. I highly doubt anyone would buy it to actually use it and its just way too cool and a great conversation piece. Not to mention complete overkill! I have another plenum with a single jet and selonoid plumbed right in the side.

Last edited:
I pulled the other plenum out and realized it was used for extra fuel only. This has a little control box that goes with it somewhere stashed in all of our parts. I have to dig it out later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 443
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 453
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 414
He remembers starting to spray about 1/4 track. I guess this came from NOS or someone who worked at NOS and was a prototype, or only a couple were made??? It could be the only one of its kind.

I was thinking about it but don't believe I would get anything worth it. I highly doubt anyone would buy it to actually use it and its just way too cool and a great conversation piece. Not to mention complete overkill! I have another plenum with a single jet and selonoid plumbed right in the side.

Got it. I was just trying to find a creative way to blow up my stock short block! LOL. I figured a big shot of nitrous will do it! No, I just thought it was a cool piece that I'd like to have for show (maybe put it on when I have a motor to handle it lol)

I used to have one of those the guy at NOS was a guy named Steve Johnson. The owner of NOS at the time Mike Thermos had a GN and had one on his car. Lots of chip tuning was done at our shop and when one of those was bought they would send the customer for a chip. biggest problem with that deal is the jets have to be so small they clog very easy. The single nozzle in the inlet pipe works very well when you get the fuel under control. Too bad we did not know anything when these first came out and they got such a bad rap. Used properly NOS works great on these cars.

I used to have one of those the guy at NOS was a guy named Steve Johnson. The owner of NOS at the time Mike Thermos had a GN and had one on his car. Lots of chip tuning was done at our shop and when one of those was bought they would send the customer for a chip. biggest problem with that deal is the jets have to be so small they clog very easy. The single nozzle in the inlet pipe works very well when you get the fuel under control. Too bad we did not know anything when these first came out and they got such a bad rap. Used properly NOS works great on these cars.

Thanks for the history... I just remember names like Gary, Pete, Ken, and Red. I know I grew up at great lakes dragway, back in the late 80's. I also will remember when I called full throttle and spoke with you a few days ago

Last edited:
Thanks for the history... I just remember names like Gary, Pete, Ken, and Red. I know I grew up at great lakes dragway, back in the late 80's. I also will remember when I called full throttle and spoke with you a few days ago

Naaaa......you want history: When you called Full Throttle and spoke with Mike, you should've asked him if you were calling Modern Musclecar. I think I have some of his newsletters/catalogs somewhere.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Here's a NOS set-up Mike Fujita custom fab'd and was running on his GN in the mid-90s. He was also spraying into the i/c and right before the turbo. His theories were to cool charge temp and spool-up quicker.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1440204763145.jpg
    1440204763145.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 382
  • 1440204804851.jpg
    1440204804851.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 1440204841364.jpg
    1440204841364.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Another view of Mike's NOS set-up

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1440428560199.jpg
    1440428560199.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 236

I bet with the stock plenum tuning was a nightmare given the tendency for a couple of cylinders to run lean, especially seeing that you now have fuel in a dry manifold. I guess there wasn't enough room in the lower to plumb the nozzles in the individual runners. If there was then you could solve the distribution problem with different jet sizes.

I've got the single nozzle up-pipe system that I've had since the early 90's. I never really felt confident with it because of so many horror stories so I never did anymore than just play around with it on the street. Although it's a small shot, I couldn't hit it in first gear at all or it was instant tire smoke. I've still got it on the car as a conversation piece but I don't even have the wiring hooked up.

We ran nitrous from 86/early 90's. High 11s @112 from what I remember. Blew 1 headgasket (Tried the new "6" pack system). Finally burnt a piston around 91/92. Worked awesome. Had a ton of miles on it. Oh this was the 1 nozzle in the plenum tube. Used the 6 pack for 1 day at the drags. Spoke to Kenny D a lot about nitrous. He also tried it an went back to the single nozzle . It was a blast back then . NOBODY was talking about mods. All secret "cool guy" stuff that 90% didn't work.