No fuel pump trigger with XFI?

3.8vsix

Hello guys! well the tb.com nats are next week and I think my xfi has gave up again... I think.
Testing out the car today and let off the gas quick and the car went dead and will not start now.
Traced the problem down to the fuel pump will not run with key on but will run when using the wire behind
the alt. It will start by using the alky test button. My question is, what is the chances that the xfi has something
to do with this or am I overlooking something? I have already had Cal send it back to FAST about 6 years ago
because something happened to the computer because it would not start. Thanks for any help!!

check your oe fuel relay on the passenger fender,
pull relay and check connector
check with key on for 12v at fuel pump power in (if no power check FP inj fuse) ,
the green prime for coil can only be checked for 12v after key on and wont read after it times out ,
first i usually check is the the coil ground wire (blk white stripe) it runs to the grounds on the back of head and is common to break there
if wires check good try another relay

Last edited:
Well it was a fuse! I think the fuel pump “override” wire behind the alt touched some metal and shorted out. I guess the cover on the end of the wire came off sometime and while testing out my new hydro boost set up it touched metal. Hope that’s all it was! I did fix the wire. Thanks so much for the help and the link!!