everything iv been over so far is good
noid light works and have injector pulse
so cam sensor and crank sensor is working
from what read so far
still no fire
it leads me back to coil pack and module
used my coil pack and module yesterday off my gn that i know is 100% good
and still nothing

have you checked the voltage to the plug that plugs in to the ignition module and verify a signal from the ecm pin out that goes to ign modular if your crank and cam sensor check out not much left I'd make sure you have voltage to the ecm and ign module.

Be sure you have power at 2 pins on the harness side of the module connector and a crank signal is also there on the appropriate pin. You may need to look up the pin-out on a wiring schematic.

No crank signal there, then no spark.

the pins that come from harness
pin- m
pin- p
are the power ones
yes have power to both
no spark still

I believe the op said he was using a know good working coil and module from his gn if that's a true statement parts brand would be irrelevant I know where your going with that but he stated he took them off his running gn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel pressure is???

If you have injector pulse and fuel pressure but have no spark, the spark plugs will be soak n wet.
Takes 30 seconds to find out.

Last edited:
I believe the op said he was using a know good working coil and module from his gn if that's a true statement parts brand would be irrelevant I know where your going with that but he stated he took them off his running gn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT makes a difference .. ive seen BWD and WELLS ignition modules work just fine on 1 car and not another ... that's why I ask... he never said if they were DELCO or aftermarket ... just said off his GN
I've proven this to myself on 2 different cars .. put a DELCO module / coil on EACH they both work ... put the wells on one works but not the other .. STRANGE yes but reality

car has all new cam sensor and cap
new crank sensor
car has injector pulse

coil pack and module was took off my car yesterday
and works perfect
still no fire
you can crank car over
o- fire
o -spark
hold terminals
sit you hand on top of terminals
i wish it would shoock the hell out of me but doesnt

If the injectors pulse, that tells you the CAM sensor is OK. Then, look at the CRANK sensor. If this sensor is not working, you will get injector pulse, but NO spark. Therefore, no start.

As a note, bad CAM signal, no-injector pulse and no spark. Bad CRANK sensor, yes-injector pulse, no spark.

Look for around 11 volts at the CRANK connector, pins A and B, with key on (green wire and black wire).

no spark, but have injector pulse - Check the Ignition Module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)

have spark, but don't have injector pulse - Check the Cam Sensor or ECM

have no spark or injector pulse - Check the Crank sensor or the Ignition Module (and fuses)

ill check pin a and b tomarrow for voltage

Last edited:
no spark, but have injector pulse - Check the Ignition Module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)

have spark, but don't have injector pulse - Check the Cam Sensor or ECM

have no spark or injector pulse - Check the Crank sensor or the Ignition Module (and fuses)[/quote

this is 3rd crank sensor
put on car
took balancer off checked window ect

IT makes a difference .. ive seen BWD and WELLS ignition modules work just fine on 1 car and not another ... that's why I ask... he never said if they were DELCO or aftermarket ... just said off his GN
I've proven this to myself on 2 different cars .. put a DELCO module / coil on EACH they both work ... put the wells on one works but not the other .. STRANGE yes but reality
Sorry I have not seen that happen guess you learn something new everyday (sure don't make since why a working part would not work on both cars,that's not even logical,but then again its a buick lol.