No start issues [emoji848]

cecil bass

Just checking to see if I can get a little help with my we4. I just got my car running with the sportsman. The was running better than it ever had. One morning I went out to start her up, and no start!

I cranked the car and finally it started and ran fine. I put the car up and next day no start again and it hasn't started since. So I checked fuel,spark ect.... til I got my cam sensor tool and plugged it into the cam sensor cranked and I have no light on the tool and the battery in tool is 9.4 volts so I know it's working. So I figure it's my cam sensor or cap.

So now I need to know how I can find out if my issue is the cam sensor or cap or both. I'm not trying to throw parts at the car without being sure what is going on. What should I do now? Any help would be wonderful!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fuses?
Sensor cap off, spin the engine over. Reluctor ring turning?
Ring tab sheared?

These motors need 2 signals to allow the engine to continue to run after the motor is cranked and those are the cam signal and the crank signal so start by checking all your fuses as stated check your main grounds and fuseable links . Here is a great website that can solve all your basic problems when it comes to these turbo Buick’s . Read up bud http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

Fuses?
Sensor cap off, spin the engine over. Reluctor ring turning?
Ring tab sheared?
Everything seemed to work how it should .... but when I pulled the sensor out I found out it was beaten half to death in it former life!! And the gears were worn pretty bad. I took to john at caspers and he told me not to put it back in! I checked the cam gear it still looks new. Thank God since it is a new rebuilt engine!!!!
d895489ac80f283d1ba043b42b893092.jpg
a00209e6f85229eda216d53da928f4d9.jpg

Do you have an aftermarket front cover on the engine? I would check the alignment of the cam to cam sensor.

Send it to Scot at GNS Performance and he will get it back to like new condition for you. I believe he charges $85.00 to redo the cam sensor.

Do you have an aftermarket front cover on the engine? I would check the alignment of the cam to cam sensor.
Its stock John asked me the same thing .... he thinks someone ran the sensor without it being inserted all the way in its hole .....?

Send it to Scot at GNS Performance and he will get it back to like new condition for you. I believe he charges $85.00 to redo the cam sensor.
Is that just to fix the gears or rebuild the whole unit?

Everything seemed to work how it should .... but when I pulled the sensor out I found out it was beaten half to death in it former life!! And the gears were worn pretty bad. I took to john at caspers and he told me not to put it back in! I checked the cam gear it still looks new. Thank God since it is a new rebuilt engine!!!!

Do you have a roller cam? Is so you might want to recheck cam endplay.
Also was there a oil mod to feed oil to the gear?

Do you have a roller cam? Is so you might want to recheck cam endplay.
Also was there a oil mod to feed oil to the gear?
No roller stock rebuild and no oil mods ..... at least I dont think.

I still dont know why the car all of a sudden didn't start. Will worn gears cause the cam sensor to go out of adjustment? If not I need to take a closer look at my crank sensor.....

No, the worn gear would not prevent the car from starting.

It’s strange that it started after excessive cranking the one time. Was there any drastic change it the outside temp?

Do you have a laptop? Are you able to plug in and log it while you crank the motor?

No, the worn gear would not prevent the car from starting.

It’s strange that it started after excessive cranking the one time. Was there any drastic change it the outside temp?

Do you have a laptop? Are you able to plug in and log it while you crank the motor?
I got her running again my cam sensor was bad so I had to get it rebuilt... runs fine I'm just having problems starting when it's cold.....I have to crank it a while before it fires up . I know it has something to do with cranking fuel vs coolant temp. How do I go about adjusting it so I fires up faster when cold?

I got her running again my cam sensor was bad so I had to get it rebuilt... runs fine I'm just having problems starting when it's cold.....I have to crank it a while before it fires up . I know it has something to do with cranking fuel vs coolant temp. How do I go about adjusting it so I fires up faster when cold?

I’m not experienced with the sportsman but generally you would make an adjustment to cranking fuel vs. coolant temp table.

Really something the vendor that sold you the sportsman should be helping you out with.