Norwalk Prize Fund

sackracing

Staff member
I am discussing with the sponsors on how to handle what we do with the prize money for Norwalk. I will update as soon as I touch base with everyone and have firm decisions.

Nice seeing you at the hotel Steve. Those headers were cool looking. And thanks for the valve covers.

Steve

I'm spit balling but how bout whatever money was available for payouts, make it a push and add to whatever funds could be added between now and the Oct 3rd rain date? My thought is that it might create more of an incentive to go seeing how the make up date is so close to BG. May or may not be feasible...just throwing it out there...

It's gonna be real tough to get back to Norwalk 11 days before the GS nationals start. It would have been better to be the Sunday before and go straight from Norwalk to Bowling Green. Unless people just do one or the other? I was planning on both but that's a lot of driving! I Probably won't make the rain date.

We can't make the trip that close to BG with any cars. And I can't expect sponsors to pay out that much for a small field.

Ok, I've touched base with everyone that was contributing to prize fund, and got mixed results.

Some sponsors are moving the payout to BG, some are staying with the rainout race, a couple want to wait to decide.

As it stands right now, the Norwalk rainout date will pay about $750 dollars in cash and gift certificates, that could increase.

This will push the GS Nationals prize fund up close to 3K, and that will more than likely go up as we get closer.

I'll update when I get more info