oil catch can setup

did you try a search? there have been a number of threads on this topic. with pictures! :)

I did a search for just "catch"
Nothing useful came back except one for sale

Here's a picture of my dual catch can set up. These are AMW catch cans.
One catch can for the valve cover breather & another one specifically for venting the PCV system.
Both are a closed system and are routed back to the maf pipe and throttle body vacuum block just like the factory designed. Made up a custome bracket to mount them near battery on passenger side wheel well.

Works great! And keeps the oil out of my intercooler and intake.

AMW catch cans 001.jpg

I installed a Ls smog pump that is attached to my intake manifold where the pcv was located. It comes on when I hit 7lbs of boost . Unless you have a blow by issue where oil vapor is always leaking out a setup like the Ls smog pump is a pretty cool cheap mod . It’s ether racetroinxs or Casper’s that sells a complete harness with your choice of when the pump activates. The harness was like $50 and the pump I got off eBay for $30 with all the hoses that I ended up using to plum it .

F9424582-7689-42F8-AF0D-640376F1B2B0.jpegC5C93E33-D33E-49F3-BFC3-97BC5FEEF428.jpeg
Made a custom bracket out of 304 Stainless mounted to the turbo shield for mine, running just the PCV valve thru it, with a check valve from US plastics.

AMW catch cans just like 1KWICKSIX mounted differently. The one for the PCV is on the AC heat shield and the one for the valve covers on the Turbo shield.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 76