Oil Filter Query:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
From Best to Worst (part #'s please), what's the best oil filter selection for the long filters such as Fram PF52

From Best to Worst (part #'s please), what's the best oil filter selection for the long filters such as Fram PF52

K&P Engineering filters

Many thanks, Gentlemen, for the interesting info. Wix seems to be pretty well respected there. Anybody know a PN for the longer Wix that will fit our cars

fram worst filters on the planet
Baldwin, donaldson, wix , fleetguard, mobile 1 and Purolator are the best IMOP and research ive done , for spin on ones anyways , I run the wix 51036
the ultimate is the one K and P engineering makes $$$ but youll never buy another filter and its nice to see whats actually in it when you clean it

Tied for first is Wix (Oreillys), Purolator PURE ONE (AAV), Mobil1 (autozone), K&N (AAV or Autozone), Napa Gold (same as Wix), and Baldwin (truck stop). Just depends on what store you happen to be at.

Tied for last is Fram. Don't buy your filters from Wal*Mart.

Tied for first is Wix (Oreillys), Purolator PURE ONE (AAV), Mobil1 (autozone), K&N (AAV or Autozone), Napa Gold (same as Wix), and Baldwin (truck stop). Just depends on what store you happen to be at.

Had 4 filters, 2 Bosch and 2 Pure Ones I used on the Sierra and after a couple of months they all started leaking at the seam. Maybe it was that particular number but the ones I've used on the TB were all good to go.
China Embassy sells Mobil-1 and K&N for $10. The Fram SP-1 use to be very good but haven't seen it for years.

I suspect the AC Delco economy filter (PF47E & PF52E) rank right up there with fram. The PF52E I got a hold of for my other car didn't even have an anti- drain back washer in it and it was so light it felt like there wasn't any filter media in it either.
I put the old filter back on until I got a different one.

All AC Delco filters are shit now. Coincenditaly, that happened the exact moment production moved overseas.

Startup rattles abound with horizontal mounts on cars other than GNs.

Some short sighted bashing in here, have u guys at least looked into fram ultra? I realize their.$3.50 filter is no good but that doesn't mean their other products are too..
Another good one is Royal purple 10-47, for a bigger version of it I use 20-51a on my 4.3 blazer, 10k oci (not that u would do that with your Buick) good healthy oil pressure and very smooth and quiet motor at 140k miles.

Not short sighted at all. I just listed a quality filter that can be bought at whatever parts store you could be at. When I find something that flat out works, I stop looking for something hoping it's just as good. There's very few times when an issue is pretty much solved. That list is one of them.

And with Fram, even if they were to make a specialty filter that dind't suck, I'd avoid it because they had no problem spending a fortune for a media blitz claiming their shit filters were good.

The 4.3 Blazer filter is the way to trick the ''parts man'' behind the counter into giving you the 'wrong filter' for the Buick V6. Keeps them from explaining how their computer is telling them you're wrong.

With many thanks to everybody for their fact finding, opinions, & counsel I have decided upon the Mobil1 as being the filter for me, and maybe the Wix, I have another query: What is the part # for the long filter in both brands? I change oil & filter every 3K miles or less but I still want gooe solid 30weight oil & a good filter.

Whatever filter fits a 99 Blazer 4.3 4WD (or a 94 square body S-10. Same part number)

It's an M1-201 filter in Mobil1 (wix is cheaper but you can't get one of those at Vatozone or AAV like you can the Mobil1)