You can type here any text you want

oil filter video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice video wish he would have. done Baldwin
thx for sharing
I run Donaldson and Baldwin on my diesel
wix/napa gold on the GN

yep I bet it was part of it
I use to use purolator before I did all my research
because harry wore a purolator hat in days of thunder

I sell Baldwin filters, 95% made in Kearney Nebraska one of the best filter companies in American really only four or five filter companies that make filters Baldwin makes for many other companies like Cat and John Deere, FYI
Greg

When I said 95% made in America, I mean 95% of their filters are made in American and Fleetguard and Donaldson are also great filters in the truckers world..

that's a good video. for continuity on the subject, I've added this link below to various oil/oil filter threads...it covers a lot of filters via destructive testing.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/reference.html#delco

from post # 23 of this thread...

This may be of interest to someone...a Mopar enthusiast did extensive oil filter composition/internal construction analysis. Beginning in 1999, he sought to buy every available oil filter brand from the parts stores and cut them open to learn the internal make up and actual manufacturer for that brand (private label, etc)....Qualifying the media material, # of pleats, type of cartridge caps, spring type, anti-drainback valving, etc. While his research study only went 9 years to 2008, this destructive analysis illustrated that there is something to be gained through the use of a high quality filter and its corresponding higher price point.

It's an interesting read. check it out here. be sure to scroll to the top of the page. the link loads partway down.

it's a good complement to the OP's video for anyone searching...

yep I bet it was part of it
I use to use purolator before I did all my research
because harry wore a purolator hat in days of thunder

No need to retire that hat just yet....
You're OK as long as you get the Pure One, not the regular cheapie one.

Get a K&P engineering filter and be done!!!

I would not trust any "paper" filter to protect my high-dollar engine!

At 80-90 PSI oil pressure at start-up will blow oil through paper media and you loose most of the effect of the filter media as the oil will then take the path of least resistance.

This cannot happen with a stainless screen like used in the F&P filter.

After about 10 or so oil changes, K&P will pay for itself! :)

those k and p are very very very nice
if I changed my oil more than once or twice a year I would get one, or if I had a high pressure high performance bad ass engine,
and I did use the pure one purolator on my bronco , I knew harry was right thx earl

bob the oil guy has an extensive forum on oils and filters if any one is interested

Back