On center connecting rods

chasmat2316

I'm gathering parts for an oncenter build. I have a T/A block,BMS 3.625 crank, now I'm looking to buy rods. I'm thinking crower billet 6.300 .what are others using?
Thanx for any input

Crower 6.3 and Cunningham 6.350 here. The Oliver billets are very nice also.

how do the cunninghams compare to the crower rods? do they offer options for pin end size or rod bolt options? what are most using

Have a look at the Molnar rods.

Boostedrps.com

You might like those.

I have a set of k-1 rods in a 109 stroker I have, but would not roll the dice with this new build.
I'm looking for a wide journal on center rod 6.300 - 6.350 to keep the rod ratio close to factory

The Cunninghams are very nice and I believe that they can make any custom rod length. I was reading a build up on one of Hartline's engine and read that he had used the Cunninghams. I thought if they were good enough for him that they were good enough for me. I had came across too many broken Carillo's to chance the brand for big power. I dont think that Crower is making more than 1 size for us right now. We probably have TA performance to thank for that when they came out with the Crower/TA billet crank. I have the Crower 6.3 and Cunninghams in my motors. On the small end are you wanting the .927 or .940?

Did you buy the Cunningham's direct for them or a vendor? I'm not sure about pin size .That's why I'm asking, still have to buy pistons

I dont have the spec sheet in front of me but my Cunninghams were bought direct, .927 and around 760 grams each. Nice and heavy, they weighed about 35 more grams than my 6.5 Crowers, I dont remember how much my 6.3's weigh. They could have made me an on or off center set. If I had to take a guess I would say that there are more stage 2 hi powered Crower rodded cars out there than any other brand and maybe the Olivers are second.

Thank you for the info! I think I should stop double guessing and just order the growers and be done. I would like to have a 6.350 rod just to keep the rod ratio a little better, but how much can .050 really make .lol

The only difference is similar to the argument of a 3.625 stroke crank over a 3.59........none! One of the best answers that I could have given would be to contact your builder and get some recommendations from them and to make sure that your combo will fit your needs. You have a pretty nice combo in your signature, never was able to get in touch with RPE to build me a motor.

Thanx. I hear Bobby @ RPE isn't taking any new Buick customers any more .I hope I can get him to do this short block for me. He was very easy to deal with, just took a long time to get the last one done. I would love to talk with someone who has done a lot of these TA blocks to get some insight

Yes maybe I should send him an email? I did kinda get this block thru a deal he set up with Mike @ T/A

Thanx for the idea!
Charlie