one sick buick powered car !

turbine power

evil as hell looking ! anyone seen it in person ?

Attachments

• DCP_0246.jpg
    DCP_0246.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,369
  • DCP_0256.jpg
    DCP_0256.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,363
  • DCP_0242.jpg
    DCP_0242.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,390
  • DCP_0253.jpg
    DCP_0253.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,393
  • DCP_0257.jpg
    DCP_0257.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,377
i 've seen it on the streets before . that car is sick ! the guy who built it or owns it races with the guys from fasttimes motorworks . thier know for some of the fastest street cars in the country .

fast sh*t in chicago

i found on another site a buick powered RX7 he built also . here is a picture of it . looks pretty bad ass . the guy who builds these cars and races with the FastTimes guys in Chicago is known as Boston john . from what i 've read this RX7 ran low 10's on a 245 nitto . and that conquest has been into the mid to low 9's .

Nice ride...

That car was gonna be 1 of the upcoming rides in the GNTType.org site some time ago. Great to see it on the road ! BTW, it's yours, isn't it ?

awsom car

This is a hell of a good looking car they should have used this car in stead of that mustang on that new knight rider show good looking car good luck

What issue of Popular HotRodding was that in? was it a feature car....that thing is awesome!!!:eek:
Thats a Mitsubishi Starion right? Werent those factory turbos also?

Yep pretty sure it is a Mitsu Starion Conquest and they were indeed factory turbo'ed if my memory serves me correct. I'm pretty sure I have this issue of PHR, if I can dig it up I'll scan it. This is definitely of the baddest Buick hybrid cars out there!:cool:

Thanks for sharing the pics!:)

Yep pretty sure it is a Mitsu Starion Conquest and they were indeed factory turbo'ed if my memory serves me correct. I'm pretty sure I have this issue of PHR, if I can dig it up I'll scan it. This is definitely of the baddest Buick hybrid cars out there!:cool:

Thanks for sharing the pics!:)

You are correct. They were a joint venture between Mitsu and Chrysler to compete against the mustangs of the time. Mitsu Starion and Chrysler Conquest. They came with a 2.6l inline 4 Turbo and were RWD.

You are correct. They were a joint venture between Mitsu and Chrysler to compete against the mustangs of the time. Mitsu Starion and Chrysler Conquest. They came with a 2.6l inline 4 Turbo and were RWD.

Yup, it's a really nice platform considering it is light and is RWD. I'm surprised I haven't seen any of the import guys swap in a 4G63 and a Glide. Can you say money maker!!!!:eek:

86brick, it has been done already. I'd figure ud seen it cause ur a hardcore web surfer...might've missed it I quess :confused: , so enjoy :D :
Buschur Racing - Your source for Mitsubishi racing parts and accessories

It ran a best of 8.5's...BTW Dave is a member here as he's personally into TRs.

Thanks for the link, definitely missed it but that is badass. Figures that Dave would be the one to do this swap as he is the Godfather of the 4G63. Seen Dave post on here a few times and I know he use to drive the 7 sec Stage2 Rapid Automotive car for Ron Luman before it was sold to Gallina.