Optima World Championship of Autocross - Riyadh 2019

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Oct 31, 2007
What a neat experience! Did you buy yourself a pair of those "driving shoes"?

Where there many car sales taking place?

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
Dec 10, 2014
Westchester NY
well thats kinda a bummer on the track issue , but what a great experience anyways , always cool to see another culture . nice pics thx for sharing !! very cool cars to see

how much weight did you loose?? those bowls of food didn't look to appetizing , one looked like play-dough and the other like vomit :LOL::LOL:
After looking through those pictures, I was just saying to my better half that those people need someone like me!

I should go there and open a pizza place!

Reactions: grass doctor

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
Jun 18, 2001
Louisville, KY
blog.andrewdscott.com
What a neat experience! Did you buy yourself a pair of those "driving shoes"?

Where there many car sales taking place?
Very little actually sold. Talking to the locals, they didn't know stuff was for sale. Normally, it's illegal to import a car to the Kingdom that's more than four years old and/or modified. We had a special exemption that allowed any car bought at the show to actually be able to get a plate.

But nobody knew, so nobody brought any money. Worse, all the materials from the auction company were in English, not Arabic. Most people spoke enough English to have a conversation with us, but reading a book full of technical information and pricing on a car was a different story. Promotion screwup.

Anthony P

Jan 24, 2007
nice summary, Andrew. Sooooooo, no time to waste. gotta get the Probe ready for 2020 and another trailer so you can run two entries and wear yourself ragged!:p