Part throttle bog

Ecklund

Hey guys,

My 87T goes a little flat when I roll into the throttle from a stop if i depress the throttle over 1/3. It pulls hard to that point at about 10# of boost but if I push it beyond that the power isn't quite there. It still pulls well and builds boost but feels like its bogging a bit. I have no Kr registering on my scan master. Where else should I be looking for causes?

Thanks

My first thought is how often do you drive it? Maybe it just needs to be driven and some carbon blown out?

It's been a while. Winter has set in but we got some really nice weather so I decided to drive it 160 miles to my in laws. I didn't "clean any carbon" because it felt off and didn't want to cause any damage.
I cant verify running fuel pressure but it's set at 38 psi line off at idle. I was thinking if it was going lean it should create some kr.
I did some searching and my egr block off must have backed off and had a vac leak. With no gasket I just went with some copper rtv. See if that helps.

You need to do some more scanning before you just start guessing and changing stuff around.

There's always the basics... Pull the plugs and see if any of them look odd, pop the hood at night and see if any plug wires are leaking, etc...

I will pull the plugs tomorrow night and check the wires. Feels like a timing issue but i haven't messed with the chip. It's the same as it came from Eric.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I did some searching and my egr block off must have backed off and had a vac leak. With no gasket I just went with some copper rtv. See if that helps.
This is a common problem when you use a EGR block off plate. With a stock unmodified manifold where the EGR passage is not closed off you never put a gasket under the block off plate. The block off plate is held down with a single screw at one end of the plate. If you put a gasket under it, it compresses the gasket at one end where the screw is but the opposite side has little clamping force. The result....a vacuum and exhaust leak. I have seen this on a lot of customer's cars. What you did is the best way to alleviate the problem. Just put a little sealer under the plate and bolt it down.....no gasket.

This is a common problem when you use a EGR block off plate. With a stock unmodified manifold where the EGR passage is not closed off you never put a gasket under the block off plate. The block off plate is held down with a single screw at one end of the plate. If you put a gasket under it, it compresses the gasket at one end where the screw is but the opposite side has little clamping force. The result....a vacuum and exhaust leak. I have seen this on a lot of customer's cars. What you did is the best way to alleviate the problem. Just put a little sealer under the plate and bolt it down.....no gasket.
It helped pull my idle vacuum back to 18 inches....it was at 10 or so.

You need to do some more scanning before you just start guessing and changing stuff around.

There's always the basics... Pull the plugs and see if any of them look odd, pop the hood at night and see if any plug wires are leaking, etc...
I pulled the plugs and they are burning clean. I'll keep picking away at it but I am leaning towards it being a bad tune or timing is off. Now inhale something to work on when spring comes around for good.

That's no fun! You need to throw a bunch of $$$$ at it. Then maybe you'll hit whatever is the problem!:)

Hey guys,

My 87T goes a little flat when I roll into the throttle from a stop if i depress the throttle over 1/3. It pulls hard to that point at about 10# of boost but if I push it beyond that the power isn't quite there. It still pulls well and builds boost but feels like its bogging a bit. I have no Kr registering on my scan master. Where else should I be looking for causes?

Thanks
list the combo and tune

Hey guys,

Thanks
list the combo and tune

109 stroker
.30 over
206/206 flat tappet
Ported 8445
Accufab dog house
Accufab 70mm TB
Gn1 stretch slic
TA race headers
3" thdp
2.5 inch hooker exhaust
TT chip
Walbro 255lph pump
Hot wire
Gn1 Rad and fan

109 stroker
.30 over
206/206 flat tappet
Ported 8445
Accufab dog house
Accufab 70mm TB
Gn1 stretch slic
TA race headers
3" thdp
2.5 inch hooker exhaust
TT chip
Walbro 255lph pump
Hot wire
Gn1 Rad and fan

turbo?converter?what fuel and what is the tune?

109 stroker
.30 over
206/206 flat tappet
Ported 8445
Accufab dog house
Accufab 70mm TB
Gn1 stretch slic
TA race headers
3" thdp
2.5 inch hooker exhaust
TT chip
Walbro 255lph pump
Hot wire
Gn1 Rad and fan

turbo?converter?what fuel and what is the tune?
TA 49
2800 or 3000 cant recall
93 octane