Pics of my hybrid

FWD turbo

Now that there is a hybrid forum on this board, and a fellow member told me I should "Wave the Flag High," I guess and can finally come "out of the closet" so to speak, and show you my car. I think that posting pictures by those of us that have hybrids may help us to help each other with ideas and possible problem solving. One person may come up with a solution that may also work for someone else doing another project. So, here are some pics of my Buick-powered Beretta. Let me know what you think of my ride, but please try to be nice and not too Brutal.:D

Here is a link to some pics of my car - Beretta pics

I hope you enjoy them, and I also hope this encourages some other people to share some pics. Let me know what you think of my hybrid!

OOOPS!!!

Sorry guys, didn't realize you had to sign in to view the photos. It's fixed now - anyone can view them by clicking the link.

Nice, what kinda pistons are you using? I presume you're using FWD heads due to the center bolt covers, even though the intake almost looks like it's from a hotiar T-rivi. Is that a '7148 box or a stock FWD box?

Not bad at all...you should come over to www.beretta.net and post those pics...I invite you :D I have one of the olodest documented hybs in a beretta here...completed in '98:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jbunla/album?.dir=/1993&urlhint=actn,ren:s,1:f,0

You will come to find several pros and cons to this vehicle...especially traction in an untuned suspension. My best 1/4 is 14.2s @ 99MPH with 2.3X short clock and best MPH to date is 14.5s @ 105MPH this is all with 4.5 psi of boost and 2.3x 60'!!!!
come over to the boards...

93 mustang coupe hybrid

i just finished my 93 mustang coupe hybrid . i used an 87 gn drive train. to date the car has ran 7.30 with a 191 60 ft.@ 97 mph! with a trans brake or higher stall the car should run 6.40s in the eighth. or low 10s / high 9s in the quarter the car is 2250#s with out the driver . motors stock with just bolt on up grades they are percicion 62 with the gtq . 62 # low inped. injectors 3" down pipe by barkers customs an art carr 9" 3200 stall . with an sx fuel system.the brakes are a major problem on this car because they will not hold any boost at the line i can zero the boost and thats it .. all these passes are leaving on zero boost .the swap was pretty easy and the car is a blast to drive .. with a completly stock drive train the car @15#s of boost went 7.52 with a 161 60ft @85mph
in the eighth. the car is a beast now for what it is .. ill keep everyone posted on the time as i put in a trans brake or a looser stall than the 3200 9" art carr i have now.. all in all im very pleased with this swap .

B&B racing
buddy espey

I inquired one before about the different heads, but got little response. I have a 85 T-riv motor that I will be swapping in to a Jeep. Do you have to use the Riv intake for the different heads or can a Hot Air Regal intake be used? I was also thinking about using a set from a L67 motor )3.8 series II supercharged) as that is what I have in my cutlass and the motor is awesome.

The 84-85 T-type turbo Riviera and the 84-85 hot-air Regals use the same intake manifold and heads. That intake will definitely work with 86-87 3.8 front wheel drive heads, (Mine are 87) and some other years as well. Most of the heads from 3.8 front wheel drives will probably work, but I can't guarantee that to be correct. You definitely CANNOT use the heads from a 3800. The 3800 is an on-center block. The 3.8 is not, so the heads and intakes from 3.8s and 3800s are not interchangeable. While you could use front wheel drive heads, it does create other problems. If you use the front wheel drive heads, you will need to custom make your own headers or exhaust manifolds, or modify some front wheel drive ones to fit. Neither the manifolds from the Riv or the Regal will fit properly with the front wheel drive heads. This I am sure of, I did alot of experimentation before finally going with the set-up I have in my car. Also, the bolt holes in the ends of the heads most likely are not going to line up properly where they should for your accessory brackets - alternator, etc. I used front wheel drive heads in my car because it helped solve some issues. (all of my accessories are from front wheel drive cars) If you have the space in your jeep to use the complete regal set-up, in its original configuration, It would probably be your best bet to stick with the original Riviera/Regal heads, regal exhaust manifolds, turbo., etc. While I do think that the front wheel drive heads do flow a little better than the regal heads, A good set of ported regal heads would definitely outflow the stock front wheel drive heads. There is a certain amount of fabrication involved to use the front wheel drive heads, so if you were considering doing it strictly from a performance gain standpoint, you would probably be better off sticking with the original heads and just porting them. Like I said, using the front wheel drive heads helped me solve some other issues, which you probably don't have in your application. In your jeep, going with the original stuff will be alot easier ( if it fits ).

I hope that helps you some, if I can help you anymore just let me know.

Good Luck!

P.S. I really would like to buy that Riv turbo from you, but right now I am just to darned broke. If you still have it around the 2nd week of January, I'll take it then.
Also, feel free to message me if you have any specific questions I may be able to answer.

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
pretty cool ride ..even tho its wrong wheel powered it should be fun to drive

It's lots of fun to drive - especially when I end up next to an unsuspecting Mustang at a stop light. They just never beleive it when they get a whoopin' from a Beretta. The look on their faces when I pass them like they aren't even moving is just priceless! You know, they don't mind losing to a GN, that's respectable. But to lose to a Beretta is just down right embarrassing to them.

Re: OOOPS!!!

Originally posted by FWD turbo
Sorry guys, didn't realize you had to sign in to view the photos. It's fixed now - anyone can view them by clicking the link.

It's broken again.
:(