You can type here any text you want

PIR Race results 8/26

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboK

Hey Guys I just got back from Portland International Raceway and ran my new best time. I finally figured out how to get my car to hook hard ~ Launch at 12 PSI off the e-brake.

My new best time is a 11.891@ 110.87 w/ a 1.729 60 foot time.

My other 2 runs were a - 12.39@109 w/ a 1.959 60 foot time , and a 12.83 @105 <-- no boost launch.

My next project is to upgrade my stock intercooler. I want to get my car in the 11.50's :D

Nice Kelly! Isn't the E brake launch a beautiful thing? ;)

It's funny how '03 Cobra's have a hard time getting into the 11's with trap speeds in the 116+ range....... :eek:

Nice times. What tires were you on? I also ran an 11.80 last night at Pacific Int. raceways

11.89 with a 1.729 60ft and only 110 mph?? Is that really the correct time. Thats awfull fast for only 110mph? just wondering

Not questioning your honesty at all, but one time couple years ago I ran a 12.9 at 109 mph with a 2.0 60ft?

JP87GN said:
Nice times. What tires were you on? I also ran an 11.80 last night at Pacific Int. raceways

I am running Mickey Tompson ET streets 28x11.50-15 with 17 psi air on stock T rims.

rtviper said:
11.89 with a 1.729 60ft and only 110 mph?? Is that really the correct time. Thats awfull fast for only 110mph? just wondering

Yeah thats the correct time , my knock guage went crazy right before the end of the run so I let out of it about 100 feet before the finish line. After the run I checked my scan tool and it only showed a small spike of 1.6 degrees of retard right before 100 mph ~ need to find out why my knock guage lit up all the way to the red lights :confused:

Cool!

But it's just not fair. :) I've had my car 6 years and it runs like a sled, and here you go right into the 11s. Heck, my car was almost your car...wanna trade?

Toady said:
But it's just not fair. :) I've had my car 6 years and it runs like a sled, and here you go right into the 11s.

Hey Rhett, it wasnt that easy . I had to take the car to the track 3 times since I have owned it and it was on my 8th run total with the car it finally broke into the 11's ...

These cars are just too fun !! :D

I still got your tester and your chips to give back to you .

Back