pistons?

chasmat2316

I'm looking to order pistons for a TA oncenter motor I'm thinking 10:1 CR will be on e85 I have a 3.625 bms crank, crower 6.325 rods . I have champion gn-1 heads thinking some where around 265 ci what are you guys using? does anyone have them gas ported anymore? what ring packs are people using

Mine is an off-center. 3.625 stroke with 3.900 bore using 6.350" Molnar rods.
Diamond Pistons
Exactly 10.5:1 C.R. with .040" thick 4.020" bore cometic gasket.
Compression height 1.375"
Effective volume -18.0cc dish. 48cc chambers. Piston deck height came in at -.003" (pop-up) after decking.
Total Seal AP steel ring set 1/16 1/16 3/16
.927" H13 tool steel pins.

Ordered through Full Throttle Speed and received in a timely fashion.

On the next similar build I'll probably take .003" out of the compression height to get closer to zero deck and go 2cc smaller on the dish to keep the compression up. Also Cometic will make you any custom bore diameter if you want it, the 4.020" bore gasket is a stocking item.

Pic B6C260AE-A5C3-463B-BA79-6187CA2C2262.jpeg71B352FD-5C8D-494D-B1DD-F3BDC4DC8786.jpeg

JE pistons with .043/.043/3mm ring pack and lateral gas ports. Ultra low friction and awesome ring seal.
AG.
029 (4).JPG
031 (2).JPG

JE pistons with .043/.043/3mm ring pack and lateral gas ports. Ultra low friction and awesome ring seal.
AG.
View attachment 328448View attachment 328449
Who cut your pistons for you?

I got these from JE direct from my engine machinist. I originally had JE’s from about 2000 ish from Dutweiler and before they assigned job numbers so we sent them back to have these made up with a reduced dish, a newer style ring pack, addition to the lateral gas ports and different lock rings.
AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you compare Racetec pistons to others such as, Ross, Carrillo, JE, Diamond and Wiseco? Thanks
I have had no issues with them and they where not super expensive imo I believe I paid $800 with pins . I can’t compare them as I haven’t had anything other then these so Sorry .

Chris,

You're going to have to get some valve notches machined in those pistons when before you install your Stage 2 heads.

Neal

Chris,

You're going to have to get some valve notches machined in those pistons when before you install your Stage 2 heads.

Neal
You think so ? The cam I’m going to be running doesn’t have extreme lift so I was hoping I would be okay .

It's not the size of the cam it's compression and valve to piston allowance if anything happens. I broke the keyway on the cam and the relief cut on the piston saved me lots of money, only damage was replacing valves. I could have bent rods, bearing damage and crank etc if the pistons were not cut.