You can type here any text you want

PM to Vac Swap - Prop Valve Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SpeedRacerX

Switching from my original Power Master to a Vacuum brake kit. I hope this isn't a stupid question but I see all this talk about a steel or brass proportioning valve yet, unless the PV is built into the PM system, my car does not have a proportioning valve of any kind. I don't see it anywhere. Is that correct?

Secondly, when I make the move to the Vacuum setup, will I need to add a brass proportioning valve?

Thanks in advance...

It's on the driver side frame rail, directly below the master, behind some bracketry that goes with the shifter linkage.

You don't need to change the prop valve if you're just swapping the master. You only need to worry about the prop valve if you're changing the configuration at the wheels (disc conversion in the back, bigger front setup, etc.).

If you still have the factory cast iron proportioning valve it's a good time to swap to a brass one though

It's on the driver side frame rail, directly below the master, behind some bracketry that goes with the shifter linkage.

You don't need to change the prop valve if you're just swapping the master. You only need to worry about the prop valve if you're changing the configuration at the wheels (disc conversion in the back, bigger front setup, etc.).
Ok, thanks. I feel a little dumb but I'll check again now that I know the vicinity. LOL. On my 89 Formula, it was up high and easy to spot.

I found it. Not going to Monday morning QB the engineer who put that there but geez, what a place for that.

Back