You can type here any text you want

Porsche Cayman S Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Never knew these existed...

The other day I was driving home and noticed a Cayman working hard to get through traffic behind me. I finally figured that he was trying to catch me.

After a light, I moved out ahead of the flow several lengths and waited. Lots of wide open road ahead, but it's gonna be an uphill battle...literally....there's a hill but it's long and pretty straight...

After several seconds, he finally wiggled out of the crowd and made a mad dash for me.

Figuring Caymans are kinda slow, I wanted to wait for him to get close before I nailed it and broke his heart... I held my speed at about 45 and...wow...that things kinda quick for a Cayman. Must be the wing on the back of it.

I nailed it as he started to dissappear from my rear view mirror. As I picked up speed, he got around me and then we evened out with my front bumper even with his rear bumper. I could see him eyeballing me and smiling in his side view mirror...looked like some kid in Daddies car.:rolleyes:

We stayed at that position...my front bumper even with his rear bumper... for the duration before I let out due to closing traffic up ahead. He kept going a little further.

Later as he was turning right he slowed down and was waiving a thumbs up out his window as I was going by so I gave him a honk. That's when I thought I saw the word "Turbo" on the side.

Looked it up....I guess they can go 11.7 in the quarter.

Who knew?
If I see him again...we're going from a dig.

Dang!

The Porsches have been having their way with the Chicken lately:eek:. That's two now in less then a month:confused:. Has salmonella set in? Are you not a Foster Farms chicken? Or maybe it's just time for those MT DRs? I figure by now, your new tires are almost bald from spinning from every light.:D

There must be a logical answer...

Mike B.

OK chicken, here an idea. Next time you set next to one, take a deep breath, exhale, look in the rear view mirror and imagine you see COLONEL SANDERS. :eek::eek: :biggrin:

In my defense, the Cayman guy did get a pretty good running start on me and I didn't expect him to be as fast as he was so I gave him a longer run than I should have....silly turbo's...:redface:

...and Papa Lou caught me sleeping in the assumption that he wouldn't race with his wife in the Turbo Porsche....by the time I figured out he would race with his wife in the car...it was too late.:rolleyes:

Maybe a little clean up is in order.. clean the Air filter, change plugs, fuel filter, O2, Oil,Trans fluid, rear end. :)

Finally your figuring that you aint the king of the road no moooo, just like Mr spoolfool is going to find out soon. ;)

Harold, Harold, Harold.
I've never had that vision of myself...Just a reliable mid-11 daily driver....not the fastest on the road, but faster than most.

But I don't run from races like some folks....even if they're against 10 second Acura's that I know I'd lose my butt too.

...and...I thought the rule was that you actually had to have the time slip before you could actually brag about the capability...

Maybe a little clean up is in order.. clean the Air filter, change plugs, fuel filter, O2, Oil,Trans fluid, rear end. :)

Air Filter is clean...plugs, oil and filter, O2 are about 2 months old.
Trans was serviced a few months back, and diff fluid was changed about 9 months ago.

Fuel filter is due tho....that's been a couple years.

I also need to pull the headers and get them welded back up...I have one audible leak at the #2 and a possible second one between the #1 and #3.

But more that anything....I gotta stop giving turbo Porsche's the head start.:rolleyes:

I thought the rule was that you actually had to have the time slip before you could actually brag about the capability.

Which of all the timeslips would you like to see, the 12-11- or 10sec one. ;) as far as acura boy goes, I clearly remember calling him out the 1st day we meet and he backed down claiming he wasnt ready, how does the saying go, "race what you brung".., you dont tell the guy to wait because you have to go home, put race gas, slicks, make sure slicks are to almost 6 psi, dyno tune car and then go back for the race, I was ready and he wasnt.. end of story. :biggrin:

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Specifications
Chassis
Brakes 6 piston aluminum calipers front, 4 piston aluminum calipers rear
Wheels 21 in front/ 21 in rear
Tires 295/35 R 21
Drivetrain
Layout Front Engine, AWD
Transmission 6 speed Tiptronic S
Steering Power-assisted (hydraulic)
Engine
Displacement 4.8 liter Twin-Turbo V8
Horsepower 550 @ 6000 rpm
Torque 553 @ 2250 rpm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Performance
0-60 mph 4.7 sec
Top Speed 174 mph
Curb Weight 5,192 lbs.
Base Price: 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - Approx. $170,000

Hmmmmm...either way I'd say you won. How much did you pay for your 11 second brick?

Air Filter is clean...plugs, oil and filter, O2 are about 2 months old.
Trans was serviced a few months back, and diff fluid was changed about 9 months ago.

Fuel filter is due tho....that's been a couple years.

I also need to pull the headers and get them welded back up...I have one audible leak at the #2 and a possible second one between the #1 and #3.

But more that anything....I gotta stop giving turbo Porsche's the head start.:rolleyes:

You really need to change that fuel filter bad! You'll probably notice a difference too. It's on the frame rail right behind the driver door.

2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Specifications
Chassis
Brakes 6 piston aluminum calipers front, 4 piston aluminum calipers rear
Wheels 21 in front/ 21 in rear
Tires 295/35 R 21
Drivetrain
Layout Front Engine, AWD
Transmission 6 speed Tiptronic S
Steering Power-assisted (hydraulic)
Engine
Displacement 4.8 liter Twin-Turbo V8
Horsepower 550 @ 6000 rpm
Torque 553 @ 2250 rpm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Performance
0-60 mph 4.7 sec
Top Speed 174 mph
Curb Weight 5,192 lbs.
Base Price: 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - Approx. $170,000

Hmmmmm...either way I'd say you won. How much did you pay for your 11 second brick?

The Cayenne is an SUV.
The bugger that came after me was a Cayman. It's like a cross between a Boxter and a 911...

Looked like the one in this pic, but it was white with black graphics. Here's some info on it.
Quick Spin: TPCRacing Cayman S Turbo picks up where Porsche left off — Autoblog

Attachments

• cayman-turbo.jpg
    cayman-turbo.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,448
You really need to change that fuel filter bad! You'll probably notice a difference too. It's on the frame rail right behind the driver door.

Yup...I know exactly where it is.
I change it the last time and it dripped all over me.:rolleyes:

You know chicken.....I read through the post, then did some research and I had a funny feeling that I read Cayman. Hit send and didn't look back. Sorry man. :biggrin:

Speaking of fast SUVs, be aware of the newer Range Rover Sports. AWD and 550hp supercharged. Not sure of times, but I drove one and was impressed.

Back