You can type here any text you want

Portland Int'l Raceway Friday 8/13

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

I'm planning to run one of my Buicks this Friday at PIR. They are having the Heads up Quick-16 class which ads a little spice to the normal Friday night Street Legal routine.

The real reason I'm going is to watch that Turbocharged 67 Nova run! :eek:

Gates open at 5:00PM.

'headsupnw' . com will have more details.

Some specs from his website:

The car has Precision Turbo's 101mm , 321 stainless steel ~ 1 3/4" headers, 3" down pipe,
it has 5" steel exhaust, 4" aluminum tube on the intake side into a Precision Turbo Intercooler back into a 90mm throttle body. The car has bank to bank Fast Fuel Injection with 160lb/hr injectors.

http://www.brianmacy.com/pic.htm

Originally posted by V6Power87
Oh, so it is a 101mm. Motherf'er is huge in person. :cool:
Yeah, its big alright! I saw it in person at TTV and was amazed.:eek:

Portland Friday Night

I have been working on the Nova hard all week to make the Portland race. I thought I'd have the engine back yesterday but we ran into some problems with the new valve spring/retainer combo. I have been at Britco Racing Engines for the last couple of days trying to get it done. I think we have a handle on it but we are waiting on the .050 raised valve locks. They should come today and I should be able to get it back together tonight and tomrrow. If we don't run into any more problems I will be in Portland Friday night.

I was really bummed that I could not race at the Turbo Thunder race, I was really looking forward to being there. I rebuilt my trans, got a new convertor and had the engine out that week. It goes to show how bad I was thrashing to be there. Then only to go to Portland to drop a valve and end my weekend. Oh well stuff happens. I was just lucky that it was only a valve and not the head/block/piston.

:D

I wanted you to beat up on that Vega so bad and im sure alot of us did:( The first thing out of that guys mouth was (Ill have to tie a piece of lead to my back bumper to slow it down to run with your Buicks)
I told him id line up with him after we drive our cars to Seattle;)
We have real street cars with electric windows and stereo,s:) Besides theres alot of Big Block Chevs in a Vegas running high 8,s without boost so i dont know what he was so proud of:rolleyes:
I guess he turned out to be ok but his line about how he had to slow down to give us Buick a chance didnt make me want to shake his hand. It was a nice car and ran well but i wasnt going to tell him that:D

LOL

" I told him id line up with him after we drive our cars to Seattle"

That is too funny. You are right about that though.

I am going to Seattle on Friday for a Volvo show. I very interested on how the car will do on a somewhat long trip.

Chris

Vega

You don't know how bad I wanted to race that day. It was all I could do to stay and watch. I would have loved to beat up on some big block power. I told him he didn't have to step it up because I broke friday night and he looked at me kinda funny. Then I told him about my car. He did turn out to be an ok guy though. I think he expected to get some flack from the other racers when he showed up. It is a little different in Vegas from what I hear.

New BEST ET!

Well the burgundy Turbo-T ran a 12.87 @ 104. Thats on street radials with only 16 pounds of boost! I was thrilled.

I need to mess with my actuator and wick it up to 20 pounds with some slicks :-)

I'd also like to get a Razor alky setup...but the slicks come first!

Forgot to mention, TurboNova (Brian Macy) put on a great show. I don't have his exact times but I saw him drive about 600' let off, get back on it, and run 8.70 @ 165 or so. He was pedaling and steering the car all night. He ended up winning the Quick-16...damn I like that Nova!!!!

Pir drags

Del,
I wished I could had made it down but, I had to many things going on with the family. It is nice when you post about going, it lets all the locals know if anyone from the board is going to be there. Next time I hope to make it at the last minute.

Can we do a sticky or something about meeting at pir? That way if anyone has subscribed to the post , they will get a e-mail notice and would not have to check the board all the time like I do.. :)

just a thought..

Oh had some fun on the way back from settle :P

burn1.jpg

burn2.jpg

burn3.jpg

burn4.jpg

burn5.jpg

Back