power antenna options

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
would a Cadillac from 86/87 work in our cars
and were the 88/89 gm ones different? have seen some of these for sale online don't know if they will work they sure look similar

found this today great video
but still looking for the right replacement the ones ive seen for sale have what looks like relay on the shaft not sure if this is correct

I screenshot this for future reference.
Screenshot_20171023-154650.png

I faced this problem in 2016. I installed the aftermarket one that Cars Inc., Kirbans and Nos4gn sold then. Quality seemed questionable after installation. (Two and 1/2 years later still works). I saw Kibans was selling at the time rebuilt original antenna with the steel cable. Bought one as a spare. The part number on this original is 22071798. It also has other code 162 87 which are probably not part of the part number. I would contact I believe it is Bobby Buick on this board. He rebuilds them with the steel cable and I also think he was Kirbans supplier. The problem is finding rebuildable cores. This is your best solution if you want to stay with a power antenna.

I’ve seen this type of post a few times about repairing the antenna. I know there is a good how to in the TTA section. I don’t think it’s the exact same power antenna but I do think it’s a good way to fix the problem. Another stock replacement will be expensive and will have the same issue in time. I know my Original TTA antenna was only a few years old when it broke. I just unplugged it and left it up because I didn’t want to pull a fender but when I pull that fender I only want to do it once.

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/power-antenna-repair.446852/

https://turbobuick.com/threads/how-...for-less-than-2-and-never-break-again.369135/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I have a little stubby one on mine right now its nice for getting the job done and makes taking the cover on and off easy but would ultimately like the OEM setup that came with my car
thx for the info guys!!

It also has other code 162 87

That would be the Julian date code , 162 day of 1987 .... June11th 1987 , which was a Thursday . A letter designation of .... A , B , or C would indicate the shift it was made on . They were made at my plant , Delco Products in Rochester NY . They had a bad reputation for reliability , hence when I ordered my fully optioned GN in 86 I did not order it with the power antenna !!

I can fix the antenna too I have a few cores here. If you want to send it to me I can take a look at it and see what it needs. If it’s just the mast top and cable I usually charge $100 plus shipping to R&R. If it’s more involved I can let you know price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it is even in there ??couldn't get to it today RAIN all day here
thx TRICKSIXPA

so im missing the whole antenna assembly they took the entire thing out, sucks
now I don't even have the original to get rebuilt :mad:
idiots I hate when people don't fix things properly