power master pump motor

There's only one place that has new GM powermaster motors & that's cars.com
They sell for $325 or you can buy a Rebuilt complete unit from several of the vendors on here. There is no such thing & never was a rebuild kit for these motors.

also if you're gonna spend $325 for a new pump and motor assembly you might as well go through the whole unit.
rebuild the master cylinder and install a new switch and new accumulator.

change the fluid once per year and it will last a long long time.

Thanks for the quick response, I was looking at the prices and I think ill just buy a whole other unit instead of just the motor. I didnt think you could find another unit to replace my old one.

Also, if you buy the motor from cars.com you have to purchase the switch as well to get the warranty. That's another $125...

Keep in mind the remanufactured units only come with used pumps/motors that have been tested OK. I think the only way to get "brand new" is to get the one from cars.com / oldbuickparts.com

reman runs around $600

do-it-yourself adds up like so:
new pump/motor 325
new switch ~100
new accumulator ~200
master cylinder seal kit from Karps ~90
total ~$715

So for ~$115 more you get a new pump / motor assembly instead of used.

I can't believe there are still people rebuilding these things...unless it is going on a show queen.

There's only one place that has new GM powermaster motors & that's cars.com
They sell for $325 or you can buy a Rebuilt complete unit from several of the vendors on here. There is no such thing & never was a rebuild kit for these motors.

GM part number 18020067 .. new number 18038510 was the rebuild kit and some time ago Hank Terry offered rebuilt pump E-H units. Not sure if he does any more.

Hank Terry has been out of it for a while now. Some power steering pump company (Maval - Unisteer) bought the tooling from Hank and made new E-H units for a while, but now they are out of it too.

GM part number 18020067 .. new number 18038510 was the rebuild kit and some time ago Hank Terry offered rebuilt pump E-H units. Not sure if he does any more.

I dealt and talked to Hank many times years ago and the part number you listed above is a rebuild kit for the Master Cylinder NOT!! the motor. Yes Hank did have some of those kits many years ago and I still have three of them. AS I stated before there NEVER was a rebuild kit for the motor !! The A/C Delco number for the rebuild kit for the master cylinder is 1#18M757 and yes the superseded GM number is 18038510.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    899.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    927.3 KB · Views: 165
2019.... where can a new powermaster motor be bought now? Does anybody know where the tooling from Hank Terry ended up?

C A R s .com or Highway Stars sell them. Highway Stars being cheaper. Jeff at CAR,s bought up all of Hanks stuff.

New doesn't exist anymore. The'y're looooooooooong gone. The best you can find is a VERY expensive rebuild.

and kirbans sells rebuilt units complete I just sent him 4 complete cores , they have them restored for what I don't know I guess the heritage of it

Highway Stars still advertises Brand New __ NOT REBUILT powermaster motors for $349.
Check it out??

I bought a brand new one from cars about a year ago. IIRC it was really close to 500 delivered.