Power Plate Install - Easy!

fitz3820

Just installed my powerplate, took less than 20 minutes total and that included drilling the EGR hole.

Race Jace made an excellent product and thanks to the board's recommendation of using some M8-1.25 mm X 30 mm bolts I had no stripping problems.

Simply undo the intake bolts/studs, the vacuum block on top, the throttle linkage and PCV hose and you are set.

I didn't even have to take the intake hose off the throttle body, just lifted the intake a bit and slid the powerplate/gaskets in on the passenger side.

Bolted everything back up (go easy, remember you are dealing with aluminum!) and it works like a charm!

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Have you notived any difference under normal driving conditions with the plate? Just wondering because my gn is just a daily driver, not a racecar and was wondering if it is a worthwhile thing to do

"Have you notived any difference under normal driving conditions with the plate? Just wondering because my gn is just a daily driver, not a racecar and was wondering if it is a worthwhile thing to do"

My car is a street car too, I drove it all weekend, highway, stuck in traffic, country roads. No drivability issues at all, actually off idle throttle tip in is a bit smoother. I haven't had a chance tp play with the boost to see if I can get more without any knock.

I like it so far...no downsides, easy to install, thanks Race Jace!

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

fitz, what size bit did you use to drill the hole? also does anyone happen to know the tourque specs for putting the plenum back on? im going to try to use the stock bolts and i dont want to strip any of them

I don't remember what size drill bit I used but I think it was in the directions included with the kit.

I don't know the torque specs but you are working with aluminum so go easy, don't crank on them.

If you can try to get the proper bolts that I listed above, no stripping problems at all.

Whats a power plate ? Seriously. LOL. I have heard of it, but not seen one, or its purpose.