Power steering pump fitting question.

BOJANGLES

Its alright.
Any possible way to convert the suction side of the power steering pump to a AN fitting? Did searching and just getting lazy now. I’ll appreciate the input.

If I'm reading this right, your talking about the power steering pump on the motor? If so, you can cut the neck down on the stem of the pump and braze a bung on there. That's what I did to convert my pump to AN. See link attached for fittings. Not sure of the size tho because I did it awhile ago.

https://www.racetronix.biz/storeitems.asp?cc=weld_bung_fit

Or you can use a Racetronix fitting with the olive that you can crush onto that stem if there is enough room. I used this on my Vintage Air heater to convert it to AN, and it works awesome.

eut.jpg

If I'm reading this right, your talking about the power steering pump on the motor? If so, you can cut the neck down on the stem of the pump and braze a bung on there. That's what I did to convert my pump to AN. See link attached for fittings. Not sure of the size tho because I did it awhile ago.

https://www.racetronix.biz/storeitems.asp?cc=weld_bung_fit

Or you can use a Racetronix fitting with the olive that you can crush onto that stem if there is enough room. I used this on my Vintage Air heater to convert it to AN, and it works awesome.

View attachment 332067

You have photos of the vintage air??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far some good info, I have already converted the pressure side from my hydro boost install and now I needed to know if the suction side can be as well, from what ttypewhite said I may go that route and get a AN welded onto it. Just want to have a secure connection rather than hose and clamps and 1 possible less headache. I attached a picture of what fitting I want to convert.

2F0D776F-36AD-4CEE-8892-58E4E583A827.jpeg

That material is too soft to weld to. Your going to have to braze it on with the torch and rod, or find a way to pull out the stem, tape and thread it for a AN fitting. Just have to be careful if your taping it that the filings don't get inside the pump.

Got ya, I’m going to ask my fab guy and see what he can come up with. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen

-10AN fitting and line for the PS supply (low pressure) and -6AN fitting and line for the output (high pressure)

-10AN fitting and line for the PS supply (low pressure) and -6AN fitting and line for the output (high pressure)

Correct. I said previously 1/2" NPT but it may be 3/8" ... don't remember, it will be obvious when it's in your hand

Ok, I’ll get it figured out. Thanks for the input everyone. Greatly appreciated.

anyone have a new pulley laying around? and or a suggestion on which one to use? not against going aftermarket or some type of shiny stuff. eventually ill do some measuring and buy a nicer one. next couple of weeks i should be putting this back together and doing a nice write up for everyone.

anyone have a new pulley laying around? and or a suggestion on which one to use? not against going aftermarket or some type of shiny stuff. eventually ill do some measuring and buy a nicer one. next couple of weeks i should be putting this back together and doing a nice write up for everyone.

I have a good used pulley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk