power window help

J

Jester

I have a 85 GN with my power windows not working. They worked before but when i was putting both down at the same time they both stoped working. I think i blew the fuse but i have no idea which fuse it is. Ive checked all of them with a voltmeter and they all seem to be working.... is there another fuse block besides the one by the steering colum? and which fuse is the window fuse. Thanks for any help,

mike

I believe the windows actually "plug in" to the fusebox near the top, if I recall the leads are pink/blakc stripe....actually by trimming the plug you can also insert them to any open "batt" terminal so they work all the time, regardless of keyswitch position; however you may need a larger fuse in the adjacent slot on the fuseblock.

I believe they have a circuit breaker factory. Check for voltage at the fuse block and the window motor, that should narrow it down.

HTH
Chris

Ah yes,the infamous no windows working routine.There is a circuit breaker on the 87's[is yours the same?Mine's an 87'].Now,what I did was to pull the circuit breaker at the fuse panel and check for continuity to the door supply power at the switch[pull the door panel].I found 250 k ohms instead of 2 or 3 ohms.Hmm.Break in the power feed wire.Pull it back through.OH Oh!:eek: Wire broken inside of body.It was rubbing inside and shorting intermittently.
What I saw was that the driver's controls wouldn't work either window,but if I reached over and worked the passenger's control,the passenger's window would go up and down.Had to splice in new wire and strap it to the old harness.All works great now.
The reason the driver's didn't work but the pssenger's did was because each door has it's own power feed off of the same fuse panel relay[my 87' anyway].
Hope that helps a bit.