Powerlogger screen 147 MPH

toomanymodz

Here is something most folks don't see. This is at the top of 3rd gear.

147mph.jpg

Another thing most folks won't see is that rpm,that is screaming for a tr. (y)
Solid roller cam ?
Any 1/4 mile times?

Another thing most folks won't see is that rpm,that is screaming for a tr. (y)
Solid roller cam ?
Any 1/4 mile times?
Correct, a solid roller. No real 1/4 mile times yet. I did take it once during night racing on a non-prepped track. The 60 foot times were 2.0 - 2.2. I still managed an 11.0 at 132 through the exhaust spinning like crazy.

Egads! Will a 2004r hold wot in 4th without downshifting? Never tried it

Yes. That's the main operational differences between the 700-R4 and 200-4R. The 200-4R will upshift to 4th at WOT. I did it on the freeway once. Right after that, the front end came off the ground and I nearly pooped my pants.

Though if my math is right, with the 3.42 rear gear and 26" tire, 6424RPM gets you to 145mph once the convertor is done slipping.
Using a 28" tire, the top of third is 156.

Thanks for the info! I wonder at what speed the fact that the car is shaped like a brick becomes a hinderance hahaha!

Thanks for the info! I wonder at what speed the fact that the car is shaped like a brick becomes a hinderance hahaha!

It's not the brick shape. It's the engine bay. Especially if you're still running a SLIC with the scoop below the car. Air packs in and can't get out, creates a high pressure area, and picks the nose of the car up off the ground by the hood. It's why ASC put functional vents in the fenders of the GNX, to evacuate that air. They did it for better cooling (once that high pressure area forms, air stops flowing through the radiator), but it would also decrease the proclivity for the car to attempt to fly at speed.

Makes sense, a wise old timer told me you could pick up a tenth by removing the wiper cowl weatherstripping, i believe it

Haywire, I thought that post was a joke until I thought it through... By removing the weatherstrip that seals the wiper cowl to the hood it will allow the air to push through and not gather up under the hood. Wise old timer...

Haywire, I thought that post was a joke until I thought it through... By removing the weatherstrip that seals the wiper cowl to the hood it will allow the air to push through and not gather up under the hood. Wise old timer...
Remove it in '93 to help hot air get out

Yes. That's the main operational differences between the 700-R4 and 200-4R. The 200-4R will upshift to 4th at WOT.

This isn't entirely true. Many 700R4's will hold WOT in 4th. The Corvettes and the high performance versions of the Camaro and Firebird will also. And if they don't it is an easy change for it to hold 4th (BTDT).

RemoveBeforeFlight

What's your tire height? And why didn't you have the go pedal to the floor?
275/60, so 28" tall. The pedal was to the floor. Probably started to lift my foot when this particular data frame was recorded. It'd be interesting to see what this car can do at a 1/2 mile event. I've done an OD pull and at 165 mph it was still pulling hard.

Counter intuitively, on some cars a high pressure zone builds at the base of the windshield. Air starts pushing in from the windshield area and can actually stall movement through the radiator if there's no seal at the base of the windshield.

Not saying that's what would happen with ours, I have no idea what would really happen at speed. I'm sure somebody on here has actually tested it.

Counter intuitively, on some cars a high pressure zone builds at the base of the windshield. Air starts pushing in from the windshield area and can actually stall movement through the radiator if there's no seal at the base of the windshield.

Not saying that's what would happen with ours, I have no idea what would really happen at speed. I'm sure somebody on here has actually tested it.

IE: L-88 Hood Scoop.

Here’s mine from my last street race :) sorry my screen is cracked from falling off the roof of my car that night
86ADED3B-A30E-4A88-997A-F11F6A87516E.jpeg