Precision Turbo and Engine (PTE)

mgmshar

I know that Precision Turbo and Engine has done a lot for the Buick community, and I respect them for it. Their latest turbo designs have been great for this community. However, I must say that I'm extremely disappointed with their rebuild service. They managed to take a TA49 that served me well for ten years and turn it into a pile of scrap because they forgot to install an important part when they rebuilt it. Photos and details at this link:

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/turbo-oil-leak-issue.383743/page-2#post-3256851

I am also very dissatisfied with their handling of the situation (again, details are in my post in the above thread). I truly hope that this isn't a sign of the direction they are taking with this community.

God, I hope you're the exception and not the rule now... I sent my almost new journal bearing 6766 CEA turbo in for inspection/rebuild because the exhaust oil seal let go big time and was dumping a profuse amount of oil into the exhaust (about 2500 miles on the unit, and purchased from Hartline in Oct 2011, so we'll see what they have to say about warranty.... I'm expecting the worst). My symptoms were just like those in your other thread, and I will check my drain-back tube... I'm using one from Mark Hueffman. The turbo is junk I expect since the wheels were loose as a box of cornflakes and I'm sure they hit the housings etc. I sent it in two weeks ago, and called again today to see how long they're taking for rebuilds etc, and was told about 4 weeks now ... I hope Hartline's sale will go on long enough for me to take advantage of when I get the bad news from PTE, LOL.
John A, Turbohh

I'm not sure if it was because of this thread, but I wanted to say that this situation has been resolved to my satisfaction. See the thread linked in my first post for details.

I've had good and bad experiences with precision too. Good - They make bad ass turbos for our cars, constantly improve them, and fixed my turbo for $50. Bad - they misplaced my extra exhaust housing, which took weeks and weeks to find, and charged me separate shipping cost to get it back. All and all I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

I'm not trying to bad mouth PTE at all... I just hope they can pinpoint the cause of this turbo failure so I can fix/avoid it once I get something back from them...
John A, Turbohh

I'm not trying to bad mouth PTE at all... I just hope they can pinpoint the cause of this turbo failure so I can fix/avoid it once I get something back from them...
John A, Turbohh
Good luck too you. What fixed my problem was to spend another $1,100 on a Turbonetics turbo which I am extremely pleased with so far. I will never do business with PTE again, even their craftsmanship of their SLIC went down hill. I hope you have better luck than me. Does anyone want to buy a PTE freshly rebuilt TA-49 that leaks a little oil,LOL.

I had a problem with PTE with a rebuild that didn't do well, started leaking again so sent it to Bison and he fixed it right up.... I recommend Bison for turbo issues as he is also a supporting vendor

I to contacted PTE and I was not happy with my experience so I decided to send my turbo to Bison and could not be any happier!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app