You can type here any text you want

Probably crushed some punk kid's ego

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

theCATman

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Had the 'ol bomber Regal out for a quick drive this afternoon & got my 1st street kill in the process.

My true intentions were to go to town, fill up the tank for winter storage, & come home. I did acomplish this & ruined some late teen-early 20's dudes day at the same time.

As I pulled into the gas station I noticed a 3rd Gen Camaro also fueling up. Didn't look like anything special... blue,aluminum rims, & chrome tip exhaust. (OH!! and a Sunpro Monster Tach on the dash) This must mean it's fast:rolleyes:

The kid (I say this 'cause I'm 32) was starring my car down big time. I swiped the debit card & went about my business. Camaro boy quickly shuts off his pump & literally runs inside to pay. He comes back out, again glaring at my car. I don't think he has a foecking clue as to what he's looking at, other than a shiny black "boat" in his eyes (I assume anyhow)

My pump clicked off just as he got in his car. As I hung up the nozzle he fires the Chevy up. It's VERY loud, but a smooth idle. He then proceeds to give me a couple of Flowmaster slaps in the face. I thought, OK, it's go time skippy!!

I jumped in, buckled up & lit the fire. He once again barked the pipes at me as he drove by my stall. I followed him out of the lot & onto the highway. There was nobody in sight as far as we can see. I knew this dude was gonna go for it. I paced him at about 2-3 lengths back & when we hit the 55 MPH sign he hammers down. I went maybe 1/2-2/3 throttle, 2nd gear, 10 PSI. I quickly pulled side-X-side with him. He looked at me, I looked at him, smiled & put the loud pedal down. 18 PSI right now & I walked on him like he was tied to a stump.

I pulled in front of him after prolly 15 car lengths. I was fully expecting a loser fly-by, but he backed his candy a$$ down & stayed far away from me.:biggrin:

If I ever run into him again I'll ask what's under the hood, but I'm guessing a 350 at most.

A long time ago, me and my brother were heading back from the drag strip in his 88' Monte SS, when it was still just a 305 H.O. with headers and little stuff, i was 14 and in the pass seat.. We roll up on John Tubbs a local drag racer that was at the track that night, his daughter used to run his 87' GN in the highschool eliminator class... We got up nexted to the GN that we were huge fans of, and put the pedal down, John smiled as he laid into it and we saw the boost guage wind up and he was gone.:cool: I then decided i had to have one and picked one up just before i turned 16, loved it since! You never know how much you impact peoples lives doing things like that! LOL

,Dan

just realized you are anothe wisconsin guy, were abouts are you from? im not familiar with hilltop?
,Dan

Whether or not he knew what my car was is very debatable, but I'm sure if he doesn't he'll be doing some homework & finding out.

I too remember my 1st & 2nd rides in a Turbo Buick. 1st was in an '86 T and the 2nd was in a friends '87 GN (who is 86TR on this board)

It was after this that I knew one day I'd own a Turbo Buick.

another uneducated kid

he just like any other kid that thinks size and sound makes your car faster (me too when i was like 15) but as soon as they see a TR then they know thats not the the case. thanks for making another kid think twice when he see's grampa's regal again:biggrin:

Noice!
I bet he'll be trying to figure out how he got beat by a old family car lol

Good to read a buick kill, sitting on top of 11 inches of snow right now.

I had the same experience with a 88? vette on the highway, the guy actually was floored and drove off like a toyota camry.

He was floored for a little bit and all i had to do was whack the throttle and it was all over with. At least i got a thumbs up out of the guy :)

BW

Hey don't be too hard on the kid at least he was driving american and not some Imported Fag mobile with the big wing and fart can exhuast....

Hey don't be too hard on the kid at least he was driving american and not some Imported Fag mobile with the big wing and fart can exhuast....

True, he was young and took real good care of it, nice and clean. I like those vettes, just hate getting in and out of them.

BW

Nice Job! That kids probably under his hood right now Looking for what the problem was... lol...Quick story, My friend had a 83 6 cylinder trans am...I think it was a 83...Anyway, I had a 1977 Cadillac coupe deville. A TANK! I think it was a 425 or 427 motor..Anyway, The car was a mess but it moved...My buddy orders a performance chip and slaps it in his trans am..He wants to race so we race. We take off he has a nose lenght on me. I hit the gas again The caddy goes into passing gear and thats exactly what it did, passing hi right up! As soon as we stop he throws open the hood and starts screaming...Theres Something Wrong! Theres something wrong! The only thing wrong was he chose the wrong car lol...A piece of crap at that! lol.... Sure he would have felt alot better if he got beat by I vette or a GN but a beat up caddy! That burns!

Quick story, My friend had a 83 6 cylinder trans am...I think it was a 83...
the only 6cyl Trans Am was the 89' TTA. what you raced was probably the 145hp 305 version

it couldve been a S/E Firebird, which had alot of the Trans Am styling cues. they were offered with V6s

Back