progressive/ cargo springs- which way up??

haywire4130

stupid question of the day: i picked up a set of moog progressive springs and was wondering which way to install them? one end the coils are close together, the other they're spread out, i assumed they'd be marked if it mattered so i figured i'd ask here- which way is up? thanks for any help!

Close together towards the top. end of coil on the bottom pointing straght towards the back

Thats how moog told us to install them in a training class back in 87.They never did explain why and back then I didnt even wanna be there.LOL

I'm guessing so the sharp edge doesnt dig into the seat like it would if it was pointing forward? I'm doing my fronts too, any rhyme or reason to the end locations on those? Lower control arm seems to have an indent where i would assume it fits into but so does the top and the 2 locations dont really jive with each other

The stock lower A-arm has two holes in the spring seat. The end of the spring should be between the two holes.

Once you get them in can you post a picture Nd whether or not your happy with the ride and the way it looks

It actually already had them in it, but they were pretty old and getting saggy. others on this board speak highly of the ride and stance. I'll post a pic but it'll be a few weeks, car is under the knife for body mount repairs and a bunch of other things.

I'm interests in if you were happy with the stance/ride of those springs? I know it a few months back. Any pictures?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tough to say, whwn I went to replace them I realized that it already had (old tired) cargo springs in it lol, I replaced them anyway, gained about 3/4" of ride height. They ride nice and sit where I want them to, but everyones ideal stance is different. I'll snap a few pics when I get a spare minute. I'm having some trouble getting it to plant hard at the track, I dont think the springs are to blame though (mostly inexperience launching a turbo/auto trans car)