PSC Power Steering Fluid Reservoir overflow issue resolved

1KWIKSIX

Installed a PSC Power Steering Fluid Reservoir last year on my HydroBoost install and has been working well since last year.
However, just recently this summer on 2 occasions after driving in hot temperatures parked the car in the gargage and next morning found a puddle of power steering fluid on the ground .
I've since done some research and contacted PSC to try to understand why this has just started after a season of trouble free performance?
Their answer: Fluid Level too high / and or excessive cavitation .
I thought my aluminum reservoir might be getting overheated from being so close to the engine / header pipes, so I used my infrared gun to check temps after a drive. I found the aluminum reservoir was 178deg F.

Here's what I did to rectify the issue....removed 2 oz of fluid from the top fill line in reservoir & installed PSC's Anti-Splash Power Steering Fluid Pressure Relief Valve.
This valve keeps the reservoir slightly pressurized at 6psi preventing or reducing the likelihood of fluid cavitation.
PSC Anti-Splash -Pressure Relief Valve-1.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had that happen yet but I like to prevent problems before they occur if possible. How is that plumbed into the system?

Simply attached by the vent tube and push lock vacuum fitting in the bottom of the unit. I’ve got mine attached to the inner fender well area near my charcoal canister. Will post pics

Haven't had this problem with mine. I will keep checking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Installed a PSC Power Steering Fluid Reservoir last year on my HydroBoost install and has been working well since last year.
However, just recently this summer on 2 occasions after driving in hot temperatures parked the car in the gargage and next morning found a puddle of power steering fluid on the ground .
I've since done some research and contacted PSC to try to understand why this has just started after a season of trouble free performance?
Their answer: Fluid Level too high / and or excessive cavitation .
I thought my aluminum reservoir might be getting overheated from being so close to the engine / header pipes, so I used my infrared gun to check temps after a drive. I found the aluminum reservoir was 178deg F.

Here's what I did to rectify the issue....removed 2 oz of fluid from the top fill line in reservoir & installed PSC's Anti-Splash Power Steering Fluid Pressure Relief Valve.
This valve keeps the reservoir slightly pressurized at 6psi preventing or reducing the likelihood of fluid cavitation.
View attachment 342961
Very nice!