PTC converters??

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I'm currently using a Hughes 9.5" converter and was told that PTC 17 or 18 blade would be a better choice for my application which is as follows. 233ci, 212 roller cam, ported big valve iron heads, ported upper and lower intake, 3.42 gears, and a mildly built non lock up tranny built by Arizona GN. What are the benefits of the PTC over what I have now, and who has the best prices on them? TIA

What stall is your current converter? It's really hard to beat a ptc thats for sure.

And I think the Hughes is a 10" fyi

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It spools my te45a real well, with almost no lag to talk about. It's been in the cat for less than 400 miles and I don't have any issues or bad things to say about it other than it might be a bit too loose for my combo. I'm thinking about selling it and going with the PTC with a slightly lower stall. Any ideas as to what they sell for?

I've been back and forth between my hughes and ptc, i finally settled on the ptc. From the sound of your setup you will probably want a 17 blade ptc but i would contact dusty about that. As for value who knows. I traded mine

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Have you been to the track? You'll know for sure if it's too lose.

Right now, I have a PTC in my car which everyone on this site seems to swear by. It's ok but I'm not 100% convinced that it's the one I like best...Before that I ad an Art Carr and I think that I like that one better, but I sold it because it did not fit when I swapped to a TH400. I also had an ATI in another car with a TH400 which worked great...

Claude.

Don't forget Dave husek for a converter. When I built a non lock for a friend, I priced a ptc and a converter from Dave and ended up going with Dave's. It was significantly cheaper and couples great also

I just bought a 10 " 2800 stall from PTC , I haven't installed yet , and it was 500 $ and its a LU the next step up would be a 9.5 NLU and I think it was closer to a grand . I also have heard folks that swear by David H converter . It can be a hard decision .

If you have a low 10 sec or faster combo, the proper PTC 9.5 will work better than anything else. It is important to match the converter to power level and shift rpm to have the proper coupled rpm range.

FYI- I just ordered a PTC 10" 2,800 LU for my set up through Bison's Performance and Brian told me that PTC is roughly 4-6 weeks out on building custom converters right now.

You cannot beat the performance of my 3021 or 3521 torque converter in a 10 second and slower cars. Available in lu and nlu. It will outrun most converters in that range as I switch out many customers with nothing but positive results.. In the faster stuff I have desgned a few billet diode converters that will run with the competition without the added heat and the overloading of your engine which always hurts ET. These converters are designed for Turbo Buick applications using the latest in technology for max ET. I am 4 to 6 weeks out right now on orders. Contact me for more info.

I’ll have converters 1-2 days away in May and they will be up charged. Otherwise be prepared to wait a month. If I had 5 converters on the shelf right now I could move them at $100-200 over the regular price in a couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't this happen every year during tax refund season?

Has little to do with tax refunds. People that buy these items have a lot of disposable income. When the racing season begins demand and prices increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk